T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker Tracking Software

I was on the BTN with 25BB and felt that 1/2 my stack was just too much to call off with. Even if I called and the BB folds, I am at best a flip and at worst I have 20% equity against a bigger pair. ICMizer agrees. Do you?

NL Holdem $1.50+$0.15 (200.00BB)
SB ($6330)
BB ($3966)
CO ($2496)
HERO ($5208)

Dealt to Hero: 3 3

CO Raises To $2496 (allin), HERO Folds, SB Folds, BB Calls $2271

Flop ($5142): Q T J

Turn ($5142): Q T J J

River ($5142): Q T J J A

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general 33 is not a hand, you want to call preflop jams with, unless you are getting really good pot odds or can win someones bounty in a KO or PKO tournament. The very obvious problem with the hand is, you are either a 4:1 dog against a bigger pair or flipping against two overcards, so there is no scenario, which is really good for you.

If this was a 9-man, you were also right on the bubble, which widen the gap between jamming and calling ranges. If you call and lose here, now you are the short stack and in high risk of being the bubble boy. Assuming it was a standard 9-man (where each player apparently start with 2.000 chips?), ICMizer has Villain jamming 18% of hands and Hero calling with only 5,2% of hands. 5,2% of hands is 99+, AQ+, and calling with 33 would cost you 2,39% of the price pool. So this is not exactly a close spot.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In general 33 is not a hand, you want to call preflop jams with, unless you are getting really good pot odds or can win someones bounty in a KO or PKO tournament. The very obvious problem with the hand is, you are either a 4:1 dog against a bigger pair or flipping against two overcards, so there is no scenario, which is really good for you.

If this was a 9-man, you were also right on the bubble, which widen the gap between jamming and calling ranges. If you call and lose here, now you are the short stack and in high risk of being the bubble boy. Assuming it was a standard 9-man (where each player apparently start with 2.000 chips?), ICMizer has Villain jamming 18% of hands and Hero calling with only 5,2% of hands. 5,2% of hands is 99+, AQ+, and calling with 33 would cost you 2,39% of the price pool. So this is not exactly a close spot.

Thanks. I felt good about this fold and ended up taking 2nd in this SnG

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold. You rarely win in this situation with such a small pair so you thought it well. Seeing the board, you made the right choice 100%

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the BTN facing a 12bb jam 33s are a snap fold. Call in the BB for sure and maaaaaybe from the SB. The difference is from the BB you are closing the action and there are no players left to act behind. I would likely call ATs+, AJ+ and 88+ in this particular situation.

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in this spot you will get a coin flip or dominated, maybe you can fold and wait a better oportunity. You must determine if the villain is tight ou loose too

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold. Small pairs are good for jamming, bad for calling generally speaking in STT.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
good fold i'll fold also 25bb still so deep to go with 33

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're in good shape chip wise here, and equity wise, you're in poor shape against UTG shove with 12 big blinds. You're effectively committing ICM suicide here if you commit your pocket pair. Also, if you're looking to accumulate chips, given the stack you currently have, you can apply pressure at lower risk to you in different spots.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be coinflip in best situation. Fold is OK

Folding in Poker