yok161 (UTG): 1,125 (28 bb)
Stabben2 (MP): 1,455 (36 bb)
1numismat (MP+1): 1,590 (40 bb)
ZEK-KOMSA (CO): 1,170 (29 bb)
Konjaks (BU): 3,295 (82 bb)
mischlott (SB): 1,460 (37 bb)
thls5415 (BB): 1,905 (48 bb)

Pre-Flop: (60) Hero (1numismat) is MP+1 with 9♥ K♥
1 fold, Stabben2 (MP) calls 40, 1numismat (MP+1) calls 40, 3 players fold, thls5415 (BB) raises to 80, Stabben2 (MP) calls 40, 1numismat (MP+1) calls 40

Flop: (260) 8♣ J♣ T♠ (3 players)
thls5415 (BB) bets 40, Stabben2 (MP) calls 40, 1numismat (MP+1) calls 40

Turn: (380) Q♠ (3 players)
thls5415 (BB) bets 40, Stabben2 (MP) calls 40, 1numismat (MP+1) calls 40

River: (500) 7♣ (3 players)
thls5415 (BB) bets 1,745 (all-in), Stabben2 (MP) calls 1,295 (all-in), 1numismat (MP+1) - ?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I think, there is much more value in attacking limpers rather than limp behind, allow other players to enter the pot, and usually have no other way to win the hand than hitting something. K9s is a bit marginal from this position, so just folding would not be totally crazy either.

Flop
Now BB min-leads, which just solidify the fact, he is a clueless fish. The original limper call. This look pretty weak to me, so I kind of like attacking it with a raise to 200 to force them to have a real hand to continue. I dont hate just calling either though. Your draw is not the best in the world, and its somewhat unlikely, you can get both of these guys to fold.

Turn
You bink the second nut straight, but given how preflop played out, I think, its highly unlikely, anyone has AK. So for me you have the stone nuts here, and just calling another silly min-bet is leaving so much value on the table, its not even funny. This is by far the biggest mistake in the hand, so if you take nothing else away, then please stop slowplaying in spots like this. These guys have demonstrated on 3 streets, that they are not going to build the pot for you, so you need to do it yourself.

River
Now the frontdoor flush comes in, and they both jam for around 3 times the size of the pot. Even though you still have a very strong hand, with this action in front I would fold and live to fight another day. To justify calling you need to win 1 out of 3, and I think, someone has a flush more often than 2 out of 3 times, as this hand played out.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I think, there is much more value in attacking limpers rather than limp behind, allow other players to enter the pot, and usually have no other way to win the hand than hitting something. K9s is a bit marginal from this position, so just folding would not be totally crazy either.

Flop
Now BB min-leads, which just solidify the fact, he is a clueless fish. The original limper call. This look pretty weak to me, so I kind of like attacking it with a raise to 200 to force them to have a real hand to continue. I dont hate just calling either though. Your draw is not the best in the world, and its somewhat unlikely, you can get both of these guys to fold.

Turn
You bink the second nut straight, but given how preflop played out, I think, its highly unlikely, anyone has AK. So for me you have the stone nuts here, and just calling another silly min-bet is leaving so much value on the table, its not even funny. This is by far the biggest mistake in the hand, so if you take nothing else away, then please stop slowplaying in spots like this. These guys have demonstrated on 3 streets, that they are not going to build the pot for you, so you need to do it yourself.

River
Now the frontdoor flush comes in, and they both jam for around 3 times the size of the pot. Even though you still have a very strong hand, with this action in front I would fold and live to fight another day. To justify calling you need to win 1 out of 3, and I think, someone has a flush more often than 2 out of 3 times, as this hand played out.
First bold type I sign agree with you about my mistake, second also agree with you but now we mistaken both( I thought that min 1 of them had flush).

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524YwGTz3

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
second also agree with you but now we mistaken both( I thought that min 1 of them had flush).

Just because you would have been good this time does not mean, it was a bad fold. Even if you are only good 10% of the time, that is still more than 0%, and then this was just one of those rare times. Obviously the way, BB played his flopped set was just super weird, and it did not work out for him either, since MP called him with a straight worse than yours. So he completely butchered the hand, and its actually kind of funny when watched from the distance.

But we should always focus mainly on our own decision, and the fact, they were both this strong on the turn and still failed to put chips in the pot, just highlight my point, that its absolutely criminal to slowplay in a spot like this. If you had put in a healthy turn raise to 300-400, you would likely have gotten them both to stack off right there, and you would not have ended up folding the best hand on the river, because the board got scary.

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i concur with fundiver199. point #1 is undisputed, especially in STT. for point #2, as played, it's a fold at the river, sucks as it is.

there's an overshove (by villain who covers hero) AND there's a caller. with that kind of board and with that kind of line taken by both opponents, you'd expect to be behind more often of than not, so it's a good decision to fold. either villain loses and got crippled, or villain wins and caller gets eliminated. both scenarios are good for hero.

and this is still at the early stages of the STT, and hero still has 35bb behind. in an STT, that's a lot.

Folding in Poker