$1.5 NLHE STT: AQ missing flop cbet ?

R

RealityCheck123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi people, I've been having many doubts in these spots, whether to c-bet or not, because my stack's too small to actually r/f? and maybe it is just a shove preflop? felt a bit too big for a shove, i'm getting in these awkward spots very often, that's probably a big leak.. :/

villain had been very aggressive and always bet when checked to him, stats vp/pfr 33/18

pokerstars Hand #97041985243: Tournament #718000233, $1.29+$0.21 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2013/04/12 12:18:03 CET [2013/04/12 6:18:03 ET]
Table '718000233 1' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: 7hibaud (1920 in chips)
Seat 3: Chhikss (1790 in chips)
Seat 5: NaturaLeader (780 in chips)
Seat 6: Atum[Psk] (6540 in chips)
Seat 7: MrSozel (2470 in chips)
MrSozel: posts small blind 50
7hibaud: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Chhikss [As Qc]
Chhikss: raises 150 to 250
NaturaLeader: folds
Atum[Psk]: calls 250
MrSozel: folds
7hibaud: folds
*** FLOP *** [5h 7s 6h]
Chhikss: checks
Atum[Psk]: bets 300
Chhikss: folds
Uncalled bet (300) returned to Atum[Psk]
Atum[Psk] collected 650 from pot
Atum[Psk]: doesn't show hand

D

DrSparky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Sounds like you were getting exploited by the villain - what's your c-bet rate, do you only c-bet when you have something, do you think this is something the villain might have noticed?

Also, if you know villain is always betting when you check then you can give him a much wider range and possibly go for a check-raise?

R

RealityCheck123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Sounds like you were getting exploited by the villain - what's your c-bet rate, do you only c-bet when you have something, do you think this is something the villain might have noticed?

Also, if you know villain is always betting when you check then you can give him a much wider range and possibly go for a check-raise?

No , I don't c-bet only when I hit, i c-bet certain boards, against certain opponents, but i get in these spots when I have a stack of about this size, maybe I should play it the c/r way, i'll sure try it if I get in such spot again.. Thanks DrSparky :)

D

DrSparky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've just been reading on some threads that the new short-stack size is now 15BB-20BB (I thought it was always 10BB) so be careful trying tricky plays if you're short...

I've also got some feedback on a different thread where I realised a good thinking villain will adjust their range based on your stack size - so with your villain having such a chip lead they may be trying to bully the table with a wide range of hands, on the one hand that's great because your AQo might be good against most of his range, however, with the flop 5,6,7 it's also much more likely he's picked up something playing some low connecting cards 78, 89, 910...

Had he shown any cards that had gone to showdown???

aero87

aero87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C bet that board. If he calls you are done putting chips in unless you improve.

R

RealityCheck123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've just been reading on some threads that the new short-stack size is now 15BB-20BB (I thought it was always 10BB) so be careful trying tricky plays if you're short...

I've also got some feedback on a different thread where I realised a good thinking villain will adjust their range based on your stack size - so with your villain having such a chip lead they may be trying to bully the table with a wide range of hands, on the one hand that's great because your AQo might be good against most of his range, however, with the flop 5,6,7 it's also much more likely he's picked up something playing some low connecting cards 78, 89, 910...

Had he shown any cards that had gone to showdown???

yea, that was my thinking at that point, that he had connected that way, and yes, he had showdown a few hands, but only one time it was 78, when he called a raise from BB , all other times he shown the goods when he got called, but he sure did bet a lot, so he didn't really always have da nutz ..

C bet that board. If he calls you are done putting chips in unless you improve.

I guess that was the right move after all, but still feels so awkward with that stack to c-bet and fold to raise or on further streets..

TEG2300

TEG2300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is something new I have been doing. I C-bet 1/2 pot OOP on almost any board. I take the same line with nuts or air. All in all I feel like giving up because I don't hit is just inviting villain to attempt a steal. I know I might :)
Another related leak I have found is c-betting flop on a board that looks like my range then giving up on turn only to be bet off pot. I have begun double barreling more into passive players. So far so good. It's good that this line has you thinking. Keep up the good work!

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horrible board to c-bet, just check-fold it.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let say that what do u expect to Cbet for

obv, u don't want to get draw outs by junk hands like JK, T9 etc.

what is the worst thing ever here is you may get check raised by draws and called by small pairs...

_________

I would, perfer to bet here! really, since, I don't really want to get try hit his potential 6 outs and pay him
so
if I want to pay him, fine, here, at least I would know where I am stand!

and by his VPIP 33.. a lot of weak hands could fold....and lost to your bet....even with showdown...

So, bet...
but check is not a wrong play....seems bet is much better here.