$1.20 NLHE STT Turbo: 6-Max - P-2s With 3 Players Left

SeaRun

SeaRun

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a 6-Max Hyper Satellite. Three players left, 2 tickets paid. Other 2 players were aggressive and loose. Stacks were within a blind of each other.
I was on the button and blinds were $100/$200, less than 1 min to next level and I was BB next hand.

Being the first to act, I shoved with P-2s.

I lost, but should I have shoved or folded? Cards weren't spectacular and thought this is probably better than next couple of hands I'd get.

Thoughts?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing a 6-Max Hyper Satellite. Three players left, 2 tickets paid. Other 2 players were aggressive and loose. Stacks were within a blind of each other.
I was on the button and blinds were $100/$200, less than 1 min to next level and I was BB next hand.

Being the first to act, I shoved with P-2s.

I lost, but should I have shoved or folded? Cards weren't spectacular and thought this is probably better than next couple of hands I'd get.

Thoughts?

I'm folding here.

This bolded part though is very important to your decision whether it's a clear fold or not, so give stack sizes accurately and who has who covered in what positions.

Better still, if it's a pokerstars game just post the hand history but I'm pretty sure of the top of my head this is a fold.

SeaRun

SeaRun

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Ram.

I knew I was an undergog to even someone with 3-4, but like I said, I was card dead an did what I did.

If I remember right, I had 1030, BB had the same and SB had 940. If I had folded the next 2 hands, I would have been at 1/2 what I had here. Then again, if I had waited, one of the other 2 might have taken the other out.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah as ram said, stack sizes are very important.

it's a shove then from there with only 5 bb. i'd think ram would change his fold to a shove as well with new info.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah as ram said, stack sizes are very important.

it's a shove then from there with only 5 bb. i'd think ram would change his fold to a shove as well with new info.

Going to check it later on sng wiz buy I'm pretty sure our range should be super tight here being first to act, (JJ+/AQs+?) and even more of a fold given SB and BB have stacks similar in this spot when they are both the blinds I'd expect a loose SB to shove 100% of his range to and a decent wide calling range form the BB.

Last edited:
R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just ran the hand through sng wizard.

Hope this helps OP. Also, I'd recommend getting sng wizard it's a great piece of software for spots you're unsure of.

Results vs two average players

AK,JJ+

Average

Results vs two loose player

QQ+

Loose

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think those ranges might be a bit loose. loose aggros in these low level games still call all ins tighter than they should. if you look at the ranges in sng wiz, you can rule out certain hands, like i doubt bb will call with 40% which includes hands like k7s and such... i'm without poker software at all, and havent played in a long time so i could be totally incorrect.

i'd think bb would call with something around 30% (30% being over what i think they would actually call with) and sb at around 25ish%. but that really depends on op's reads. i do remember people calling light in similar games, so perhaps they would call that wide.

we then have to increase our edge into the negative to account for future blind situations, and lack of opportunity and such, i'd probably go to around -0.50-0.70 depending how good of a player we are. I'd suggest op doesn't have that much of an edge in the game and is probably going to be overpowered so i'd make the edge around -0.70

all those things said, it looks like it will still be a fold, suprised there to be honest, but it is a sattelite which i'm really quite unfamiliar.

thanks ram for clearing that up (would be good if you can punch in the figures above just for my own piece of mind)

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's with the numbers WiZZim. Wider of course, but still quite tight.

Shove

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for that, looks like i was completely wrong.

can i be a pain in the ass ram? could you possibly run the numbers again with all stacks being equal, so with everyone having 1140. sng wiz overvalues the stacks villian have remaining if they call and lose so it can throw the numbers out in spots like this.

i still don't think it will actually change this from a fold to a shove, but it might be a lot closer