$1.20 NLHE STT: odd play from villian

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.20 NL HE STT: odd play from villian

I dont have alot of reads on the villain other then his stats are pretty bad for SNG's. I felt like i was ahead after he checked the flop, then he just smooth called. Turn didnt really seem to change the situation much so i bet again and he smooth called, now im concerned he has a big hand and is trying to trap me. Then he does the unexpected and shoves the river leaving me confused as to what hes holding. Its likely he could of made this play with KK+ or AQ but i dont know y he would shove the river, you would think he would bet more around pot for value.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.2 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t1935)
UTG (t2485)
Hero (UTG+1) (t2335)
MP1 (t1780)
MP2 (t870)
CO (t1750)
Button (t195)
SB (t2150)

Hero's M: 31.13

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with
ts.gif
td.gif

UTG bets t150, Hero calls t150, 6 folds

Flop: (t375)
qh.gif
6s.gif
8c.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets t200, UTG calls t200

Turn: (t775)
6h.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets t350, UTG calls t350

River: (t1475)
8s.gif
(2 players)
UTG bets t1785 (All-In), Hero????

Total pot: t1475

How would you guys have played this hand.

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would 3-bet pre. Right now it's mostly a setmining hand. I might've opted for the free river card, but that depends on how loosely v is raising pre from EP.
On the river you can hardly beat anything but a bluff so it's a clear fold imo.

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would 3-bet pre. Right now it's mostly a setmining hand. I might've opted for the free river card, but that depends on how loosely v is raising pre from EP.
On the river you can hardly beat anything but a bluff so it's a clear fold imo.

Yea 3bet pre would give me more of an idea where i stand in the hand and would have prob lost the same amount as i did by calling and betting the way i did, but thats hard to do from UTG+1 with everybody else to still act. I thought about checking all streets and calling if he made a bet on the turn (assuming it was not an outrageous bet). The more i think about it the more it seems like a trap as ive never really seen anybody go check call shove river on nothing but air. Usually that random shove on river is meant to look like they are just pushing you off the hand when really they have a monster. I just hate shutting down when 1 over card hits as chances are my hand is still good half the time, but i should have slowed down after a flop call and like you said check the turn.

Thanks for the input.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator