$1.20 NLHE STT: AA UTG with a Tight image

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.20 NLHESTT: AA UTG with a Tight image

I was crazy card dead for most of this tourney. The only hand i raised was the one right before this one where everybody folded to the 3xbb raise. So i get dealt this hand and im not sure how to play it. I could limp (but i HATE this option as it gives weaker hands a good chance to suck out), which leaves me with min raising or 3xbb raise. The BTN and the blinds are pretty tight players. MP2 was a loose aggr player who was raising a wide range and shoving with a wide range.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.2 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB (t1435)
Hero (UTG) (t1275)
MP1 (t2135)
MP2 (t4685)
CO (t1500)
Button (t1158)
SB (t1312)

Hero's M: 17.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG with
ad.gif
ah.gif

Hero bets t150, 6 folds

Total pot: t125

If you guys had a really tight image in this spot how would you play it. Would you play it as is and if no one calls just sigh and move on?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising is my standard play here, sometimes you can back-raise but conditions really have to be right for that. You need to be in early position and be the first to enter the pot, you need to have ~10-12bb's and you should only do this if you're at an aggressive table and can anticipate a raise behind you should you limp. Still, I'd prefer a raise most of the time. In this spot you just got unlucky, in that you got no action :(

Also, tbh I'm not sure if any of your opponents here would really notice that you're playing tight, lol. Sorry.

rcrocketman

rcrocketman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always raise AA to keep out limpers and if no action oh well move on

Clambake420

Clambake420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising is my standard play here, sometimes you can back-raise but conditions really have to be right for that. You need to be in early position and be the first to enter the pot, you need to have ~10-12bb's and you should only do this if you're at an aggressive table and can anticipate a raise behind you should you limp. Still, I'd prefer a raise most of the time. In this spot you just got unlucky, in that you got no action :(

Also, tbh I'm not sure if any of your opponents here would really notice that you're playing tight, lol. Sorry.

Yea i figured this was just another one of those spots where i finally got a good hand yet no action. Just wanted to post this as i usually find myself in this spot and wondering if there was a better way to extract value for the few good hands im dealt.

haha yea i figure nobody at these micro tables have any idea how tight somebody is. I know that 2 of them might as they've played a ton of games and had pretty good stats. I was really hoping MP2 would do something stupid again but figures he folds this time. Oh well.

rcrocketman

rcrocketman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go with ur gut feeling to u must get a read on the other players some times u can suck out just be sure to read the flop as to what they might have and then u can decide what to do from there, but i only do that very rarely after all u played ur hand right.