$1.10 NLHE Turbo: WA/WB situation against a shortstack

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.10 NL HE Turbo: WA/WB situation against a shortstack

poker stars $1.00+$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 8 players - View hand 899153
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG+1: t2960 29.60 BBs
MP1: t1070 10.70 BBs
Hero (MP2): t2530 25.30 BBs
CO: t4190 41.90 BBs
BTN: t1365 13.65 BBs
SB: t1330 13.30 BBs
BB: t955 9.55 BBs
UTG: t1185 11.85 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is MP2 with Q
club.gif
Q
diamond.gif

3 folds, Hero raises to t250, 3 folds, BB calls t150

Flop: (t550) 9
club.gif
A
heart.gif
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero ???

ok so what do I do here? Do I play it like a wa/wb situation and check back flop hoping he checks the turn? If he shoves turn am I just folding? Or do I just put him all in on the flop?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any info on villain, he obviously sucks, but what type of range would he be calling with here? i'm really not sure without knowing what type of player he is. my best guess would be either check/raising, or just shoving, i like the former more, give him a chance to bluff, if he has the ace he has it. but yeah, not really sure on this one.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
his stack size makes this pretty awkward. Standard C-bet pretty much pot commits us. Strange flat from BB with <10 BB.

me personally I think I check behind here and re-evaluate the turn. Of course this is with no real read on the villain(other than bad).

problem with checking is the turn card could make the board even scarier.

problem with betting is it pot commits us and villain could easily be check raising with his A rag he just flatted with short-stacked and oop(ugh).

very tough spot imo.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry guys i only had fifteen hands on him but he must be bad because who flats a Raise with that stack size and doesn't open shove the flop?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh, sorry. I though we were OOP in the hand, which is why i would have gone for a check/raise. Well since he has checked it to us, i think we should probably cbet, but can we seriously fold to a shove? that is the question, i really don't think we can.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is checking back and calling any turn bet a terrible idea here? Even if he shoves? That'll at least put some smaller pairs/ bluffs into his range...

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is checking back and calling any turn bet a terrible idea here? Even if he shoves? That'll at least put some smaller pairs/ bluffs into his range...

I dont hate it. As I said before I personally think I would check behind here and evaluate the turn. If he shoves I could probably talk myself into calling. I mean checking the flop and jamming the turn just doesn't feel like an Ace to me.But its a sticky spot I am not feeling great about any of it.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I think I just check this back, and see what happens on the turn. I don't really like it though, and if you wanted to c-bet & call it off, I wouldn't hate you for it. But we've got blockers to a lot of his straight draw hands, and if a T/J hits on the turn, we'll at least pick up a straight draw.

This situation isn't really like a standard WA/WB because the flop is wet, and we're short stacked so there's no reason to pot control.

I suggest checking back & hitting a [Qs] on the turn.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys i think this is done now. I like checking it back as you all said is best. However, i just shoved and he snapped with A7o:rolleyes: