$1.10 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: AKs in the BB vs Short stack shove+Big stack just flats?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1.10 NLHE MTT Turbo Rebuy: AKs in the BB vs Short stack shove+Big stack just flats?

I really feel as if I did something wrong here...I honestly am wondering if my play was awful...

The only reason by the way I'm questioning my play here, is because of the cold call by the big stack, with so many other players left to act (and some of them have enough to put a dent into him/her)...

So is my 3bet re-shove really warranted is what I'm wondering about?

Before you all start asking, what range did I put this player on, I've never seen them raise all game long, so really I can't help you out:eek: ..

They love seeing flops, for any amount, yet with the blinds this high (would they keep the same play style)?

Merge No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 1,500/3,000 Blinds (9 handed) - Merge Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (BB) (t71,465)
UTG (t41,860)
UTG+1 (t70,460)
MP1 (t17,340)
MP2 (t139,243)
MP3 (t47,340)
CO (t44,978)
Button (t141,807)
SB (t93,520)

Hero's M: 15.88

Preflop: Hero is BB with A
heart.gif
, K
heart.gif

UTG calls t3,000, 1 fold, MP1 bets t16,740, MP2 calls t16,740, 4 folds, Hero raises t64,865, 1 fold, MP2 calls t51,125

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems quite clear shove and nothing else to me. Even with the flat call; you're always nearly ahead of a fishy call behind anyway.

A,K with 20bb to an open + flatter is only one option is to shove, flatting is bad and folding isn't even an option.

If MP1 flatted with QQ/KK/AA then so be it; just variance but even if this guy shoves over the original raiser you're calling I hope anyway.

The best thing about this spot is that it could look like a resteal...but in fact you have a hand obviously and maybe you will get looked up lighter but regardless in spots like this at this stage in a tournament with so much dead money and a caller behind the very best option here is defiantly to just shove over.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your hand is so strong preflop given your stacksize. I would be really happy to get it in preflop.

NH

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If MP1 flatted with QQ/KK/AA then so be it; just variance but even if this guy shoves over the original raiser you're calling I hope anyway.

I don't know how come, I feel as if, had MP2 reshoved A.I in a way it would've made my choice alot easier...In the hand above once MP1 shoves A.I, I was already ready to reshove, than when MP2 just flats, it actually made me alittle taken back by it....

The thing is, people tend to want to extract more with certain hands correct? So they tend to act as if they are either really weak (when in fact strong, by flatting)...

Yet had this player really chose the standard (iso reshove, it would've made my choice alot easier, and hence I wouldn't have really even posted the hand:) )...For instance, MP1 (A.I), than they also (A.I), makes my choice eaiser for me to stack off vs 2 players in that situation with AKs, rather than, MP1 (A.I), big stack flatting (which was just odd)

So what I was honestly confused about was the fact that, I chose to do the reshoving with them just flatting MP1's shove, and I honestly did think, what hand do you just flat with MP1s A.I and so many players in the left still to act with (as I stated I couldn't come up with a clear range at all)...So It was either AA/KK/QQ or nada and a lower PP acting bigger than it really is

Well thanks for the help, and yeah I couldn't fold in that situation at all either way

drdunks

drdunks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say its a clear shove all day long...

If your read is short but saying he likes to see a lot of flops then IMO more chance he is shoving with a speculative hand and theres a lot of hands you got dominated....

A lot of times you are probably flipping but to me it seems like a fold or shove situation...after all you want to isolate him...

The best you can do is make notes when your behind and you'll have it for next time because you've never really seen him raise there is a good chance he's on a big pair....

But a clear shove to me if only for the info....

WP :)

Last edited:
JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy shove. Also, is this rebuy period still or not?

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't make a difference, I was just curious. When he has the top of his range there, it's just a cooler.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't make a difference, I was just curious. When he has the top of his range there, it's just a cooler.

Funny thing is the player didn't even have top, it was a race situation and they had 8s, and flopped a set and I flopped a flush draw and nothing came...My question was should I have been worried about MP2s flat in general or no? To me it seemed as if I should've been worried, but I just kept asking myself, would they flat with AA/KK/QQ in that situation, and I came to the decision (No they wouldn't)..

Thanks all for the responses, I just wanted to know if the play was bad with the reshoving on MP2, or not, so the general concensus is no it wasn't

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he had 88 I don't like his play at all. Makes your move even better imo! (guess you would never shove 7s there)