$1.10 NLHE MTT: Instant fold, right?

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't listen to anyone... you played it perfectly and i think you will do pretty well in poker playing like that. Please call me to play with you when you are in cash games :D

lol :p

A

ArSavari

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
folding in the river was completely true decision, but i think checking on the flop is wrong here, at least i would bet 2bb for gaining information, then i will fold to a raise or bet more on the turn, for a call.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raise more preflop

either checking or betting flop are both OK

Turn you must bet!!

River (probably doesn't happen if you bet the turn) a raise is pointless. Your wager, your "read" is essentially a simple proposition; that he doesn't have a club. If he doesn't have a club you can win by calling without putting any extra chips at risk. That raise will NEVER gain you a single chip, it can only cost you chips.

The only single scenario where raising the river as played wouldn't be horrible is if you put him on a weak ace and no club you think he'll fold. As played, I'm not ever putting him on an ace though....so the river was the poorest played street.

PrayForSpades

PrayForSpades

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of the play, I would fold there. He calls you too often there even with a weak club.

Folding in Poker