$1.10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked Turbo: not so sure about shoving the turn

tewwa94

tewwa94

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 2 pair and even a Q might call me, I lose against KT which is unlikely, they called a sizeable raise on the flop, and this is also a KO tournament so even a flush draw might call, also those two guys were calling pretty wide before.
https://www.boomplayer.com/28377154_CFEC0A6767

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like a good move if you’re looking to take down the pot immediately. Often i think you will get called here by a worse hand. This also means you’ll get drawn out on plenty, so if I were to shove, I’d be happy to have everyone fold and take what’s out there.

For perspective, I would generally lead out on the flop with that hand. There’s no action preflop, so I want the ace of hearts, among others, to have the opportunity to ditch 100% of the time. I’m glad someone bet so you could raise. As it turned out, you represented your hand strength well and that may have helped you shake off river draws once the turn hit.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm fine with everything in this hand except for the flop sizing. I'd at least make it 4x, perhaps even a bit bigger. It makes it even easier to jam the turn, and we also get some more value right now on the flop while there's a ton of draws.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop should raise to 700-850. Turn jam is good

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only thing i would have done different here is raise it more on the flop other then that everythings fine here

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only thing i would have done different here is raise it more on the flop other then that everythings fine here

I know its been said 3x by now but i completely agree. 480 may be ok heads up...but with one opponent leading for 160 and the other calling...i make it somewhere in the neighborhood of 560 - 660 to go...puts alot of pressure on both players unless they just call anything no matter and jamming on the turn is fine here if you are looking to take it down. I agree with an earlier comment that this is a spot you are likely to get called by worse but for me it is a very draw heavy board...no way A10 finds a fold or a 10 of hearts paired with any other heart...then even though you would currently be chopping, you would be against a hand that is basically freerolling on you and DOES have the chance to improve.

Anyhow, i think the turn shove is fine to protect your equity but in the end you do need to realize there are a few hands there that will call you anyhow and may have you in rough shape. Late position ive seen LOOOTS of players limp K10 offsuit... Good luck with your game

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, I like the hand. If it's a HU pot and the flop is a rainbow I'm ok with your flop check raise size. but since there are heart draws and 2 pair and other straight draws available I think you should charge them more because they will pay. THe chances that someone has SOMETHING to call a bigger raise with are good.

Whenever we flop a straight we should look to get as much money in as possible as soon as possible because:

#1) We cannot improve

#2) villains ranges contain likely draws and 2 pair and set combos they will stack off with

#3) Action killing cards can come (flush completes causing us to lose or at least slow down and extract less) or turn our nuts into a hand that can't get paid (4 card straight, i.e. what actually happened) or just makes it hard for us to fully extract (board pairs and we proceed but with caution) or runouts come that cause us to get bluffed off (example a 4 card flush which is harder to do if we've shrunk the SPR on the flop and get it in on turn)