Total posts
Chips
Not sure if I am losing money by doing this or not by playing this way

Full ring, roughly 20bb vs a 25bb stack

TT on the button, someone raises 2bb UTG+2

I 3-Bet to just over 6bb

He 4-Bets to 12bb

I shove he calls, tables AA

I wonder, should I fold after the very small 4-Bet? Should I have 3-Bet? Folding feels like an easy exploit for opponents since if I fold TT here I fold JJ and against an extremely passive player there's a case for folding QQ too. Given position, feels too strong of a hand to flat instead of 3-Bet

I put the villain on AQs, AK, KK or AA since I think 99, JJ or QQ shoves instead of 4-Bets, and I think a 4-Bet all in is a call at 20bb. By maths, there are 20 combinations I am stronger than and 12 I am significantly weaker than.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
J

jrx1908

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem when you 3bet of the stack with this, it is difficult to fold the TT.

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem when you 3bet of the stack with this, it is difficult to fold the TT.

If I read you right, are you saying it would be more effective to just shove as a 3 bet? I kind of like that approach. With TT, I don't think we're trying to induce someone to for bet. So the all-in might shake loose an AJ or AQ that we don't want around. We'll always get looked up by the villain's had if it's stronger than ours, but with the 6bb 3-bet, we aren't folding anyway. So let's just shove it all in.

Or just flat. Calling here would be my move sometimes. I'm in position with a medium pocket. Retrospect: A small flop might put me in the exact same predicament post flop, but at least I can get away from a big card flop and still be alive to play the next hand.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not sure if I am losing money by doing this or not by playing this way

Full ring, roughly 20bb vs a 25bb stack

TT on the button, someone raises 2bb UTG+2

I 3-Bet to just over 6bb

He 4-Bets to 12bb

I shove he calls, tables AA

I wonder, should I fold after the very small 4-Bet? Should I have 3-Bet? Folding feels like an easy exploit for opponents since if I fold TT here I fold JJ and against an extremely passive player there's a case for folding QQ too. Given position, feels too strong of a hand to flat instead of 3-Bet

I put the villain on AQs, AK, KK or AA since I think 99, JJ or QQ shoves instead of 4-Bets, and I think a 4-Bet all in is a call at 20bb. By maths, there are 20 combinations I am stronger than and 12 I am significantly weaker than.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Tough spot for you. What was your thought on the players? Tight, loose crazy? This would be important to me in the decision making. Once he makes the small 4 bet my warning bells would be going off. His small raise is begging for you to shove and any call you make is committing. If this was again a super tight player i would hate it but fold. Against a very loose player, will push all in a lot but not always. Again his bet would have me leaning towards a tight fold here. Has he 3bet or 4 bet before? Is he a aggressive player for the most part or a player who never raises or not often? If he has 3bat or 4 bet did he make the same small bet? Did you see what he played when he did? This is what i would think about if i was playing this hand.

K

krakenba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Player was a standard player but did 3-bet on the larger side often, makes sense that it was baiting. Hadn't considered all of your other points though so thankyou for your advice! Will help next time it happens. Think in hindsight I should have flatted and played the flop