$1.10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $1,10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $1,10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: How did I play this hand?

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
$1.10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $1,10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $1,10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: How did I play this hand?

Please destroy me How would you have played this hand

Villains descriptions both loose aggressive (Crazy players)

https://www.boomplayer.com/28263194_820F918299

thanks!

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man! Bad luck on the river when that JT hits his straight with A on river! Better luck next time!

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would mostly look to reraise all in against most opponents here. With a reraise to 2k representing 20% of my remaining stack, I’m not sure I want any callers at all, especially if they are loose aggressive. If the flop comes garbage I am easily going to be bet off the hand.

An all in bet may limit the times I have to see multiple opponents going to the flop. I’m never folding. Maybe a flat call would be in order if I want to play it like a drawing hand.

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop Bet Thoughts

Heya Miguel ~

I would've played the flop bet differently. There's a flush draw, so my bet would be at least pot. As that is most of your stack it's either fold or AI, and obviously not folding here. So: all in.

This would put flush and straight draws outside pot odds, and there are two such players in the hand, gotta thin that out! Seeing their hands, BB would have gone with you (fairly short stacked) and chances are UTG+1 would follow too, as you said they're a maniac anyway.

So I think you were playing the right direction, but not strongly enough.

Good luck all!
Mr Skinny

Last edited:
KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very interesting hand. You led the whole way and even made it hard for them to be calling with draws that were not really the strongest. I believe the buy in can create chasers like this but then again if you are making the correct bets you want these people chasing

I'd chalk this up to variance/luck and if you keep playing that way you'll be just fine.

Also, could you put any of them on a Q on that river?

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we need to keep in mind in a field like this that even if this is a substantial portion of your online bankroll and you are just playing the game seriously at this level, there are many who are just screwing around in events like this because hey, it's only 1.10 to play.

So preflop, I'd probably just be jamming and punishing a range that is likely too wide and that probably won't fold enough vs me. I wouldn't be shocked at all if A5s calls us down here for 26bb preflop.

As played, we have something like 1.3 SPR (meaning the effective stacks are 1.3 x the current pot size), and we're 3-handed on a VERY wet board. When it checks to me I'm never really betting 2/3 pot for half my stack (and creating a weird turn situation like what happened). I'm just going to shove all in on the flop, and I don't think it's really close at all. We're going to get called by a plethora of worse hands and draws, and there are VERY few hands that currently beat us.

As played on the flop, no choice but to sigh and get it in on the turn but I'm certainly not excited about it. Kind of crazy that you manage to still get it in ahead against two opponents, but not that crazy that we lose the hand based on the circumstances.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Agree with @Scourrge completely, preflop all in, flop all in.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please destroy me How would you have played this hand

Villains descriptions both loose aggressive (Crazy players)

https://www.boomplayer.com/28263194_820F918299

thanks!
With 24.5 bigs, I would opt to 3bet jam pre almost always unless it was a super slow tournament. My goal would be to pick up the pot uncontested. And the times I get looked up I'm not in too too bad of a shape unless my opponent managed to wake up with 1 of the 6 combos of Aces and Kings.
In that case I would chalk it up to variance and move on

Taking the line you took, a 4.5 k cbet on the flop is good for equity denial but bad for your stack size because you lose fold equity. Your turn shove gives your ops 4 to 1... allowing them to gamble with draws even with one card to come...

With your line, because I know my range mostly has AAKKQQ maybe JJ given the min 3bet... I would continue with that story on the flop by making it about 2.5k then shipping the turn

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands