$1.10 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Standart Shove With A9o ?

E

ergingo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the antes theres around 1920 in the middle which is around 1/4 of my stack, so if i get everyone to fold i increase my stack significantly.

Big blind is running 32/18 so i thought he might call with a lot of worse hands like KQ, QJ, even some worse aces, and i'm also willing to take a coin flip against 22-88. Problem is there are four other players before the BB which increase the chance of someone having a hand that dominates my A9 hand.

Is this a standart shove, or should i wait for a better spot?

( Sorry for the badly converted hand, my hand is A9 off )

Merge No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 400/800 Blinds (9 handed) - Merge Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t4930)
MP1 (t6950)
Hero (MP2) (t7486)
MP3 (t15341)
CO (t6960)
Button (t15062)
SB (t13470)
BB (t13581)
UTG (t18431)

Hero's M: 6.24

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9<font color='black'>♠</font>, A<font color='red'>♥</font>
3 folds, Hero bets t7326, 4 folds, BB calls t6526

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
less than 10bb deep i'm cool with shoving here. depends on table dynamics though.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely shove here.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How has the table been playing? While I don't have any real issues with shoving, it's more attractive to do so at a table where the probability of stealing successfully is higher.

E

ergingo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies everyone. I posted this hand because whenever i shove (if i'm short stacked obv) with a weak ace from early or mid position i usually end up getting called by a big pair or a better ace. In this case the BB called and he had AJ and i lost.

How has the table been playing? While I don't have any real issues with shoving, it's more attractive to do so at a table where the probability of stealing successfully is higher.

The table consisted of some loose and weak tight players with lots of limp folding even if they had small stacks. A couple of hands earlier i had shoved with Q7s from the button and successfuly stole the blinds, so i thought i could do the same with A9 but my position was much worse obviously.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its best to play aggressively and keep stealing, heres an easy way to look at it.

If you shove 10BB with A9 - against a calling range you probably have 35% equity. That means you have 35% of a roughly 23BB pot. Equity is around 8BB.

If you shove 5BB with say an extreme example AA - against a calling range you are usually 85%. You have 85% equity of a roughly 13BB pot. Equity is around 10-11BB.

Now consider that you probably wont get AA (or any premium) before you run from 10BB to 5BB (which reduces your equity from 85% to around 65% or lower) and add in your fold equity from shoving A9 and the first hand becomes far more profitable than playing tight.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is always +EV is 10bb with A9 here!
but may adjust by table dynamic etc.