$1.10 NLHE MTT Bounty: Should I 3-bet in this spot

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that doing 3bet or I think in this case it is squeeze, with A10o is not a good idea, I think you did well just by completing.
I did not like your donk bet of 618 against 5 players, I think it was better to check, and evaluate the movements of others.

But when you doing donk bet 618 and another player calls, you must stop and think about the range of villains, You are losing against 22 44, JJ+.
You had 60bb, many chips to take a risk with one hand, not as good as A10.

It was a dry flop, so there weren't many projects, for so much action on the flop.
I don't know what others think, but I think it was fold.

gl mate:)

Last edited:
LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would 3 bet naturally here.

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that doing 3bet or I think in this case it is squeeze, with A10o is not a good idea, I think you did well just by completing.
I did not like your donk bet of 618 against 5 players, I think it was better to check, and evaluate the movements of others.

But when you doing donk bet 618 and another player calls, you must stop and think about the range of villains, You are losing against 22 44, JJ+.
You had 60bb, many chips to take a risk with one hand, not as good as A10.

It was a dry flop, so there weren't many projects, for so much action on the flop.
I don't know what others think, but I think it was fold.

gl mate:)
You are a good teacher! jeOtramas

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would 3bet because there are alot of dead money in the middle.. 3 callers is alot after the initial opener. If i get 4-bet i just fold it.
Else i would just fold it.. never call

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning, I think limp from SB is quite ok, but if you decide to limp, you should know you are in multiway with marginal hand ATo, and lead on the flop is ... hmmm I like it and I don't, why? Let me get the answers
I like: you have top pair with top kicker, and you protect your ready hand, flop is safe
Don't: you are in multiway, opponents could flat any pair and have now sets

I accept the lead, but if I were you I would fold to all- in, he doesnt make the last decision, it looks really strong, and very likely you are not the best here

C

canfoldaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think calling the shove postflop is a bad idea.he might have overpair or set there. Besides you are out of position and raising postflop in the SB is also a bad idea

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the early stages of a tournament, I would not 3 bet A 10 offsuit at the worst position at the table with that many callers already in the hand (and probably staying in spite of your 3 bet).

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not 3b A/T o in this position/hand.
I'd make the call - as you did and progress to the flop, knowing I have to hit the board hard to win with this marginal hand.
I would donk lead as you did - although your bet sizing is not good. I'd rather bet small here - like 250 - then evaluate what other players do.
A bet of 250 might lead player 5 to just call rather than ship, and player 8 would either call or - re-raise being scared of sets.
There is the information you need - you'd already know you are beat by a better hand. And here you could make a better/more informed decision, either your already beat - and the re-raise is to much to call, you are up against donks and decide to continue, or you think TPTK is good enough ton continue with.
If player 8 re-raised here - Player 5 would then shove - probably - and you'd still be able to exit the hand and have enough to continue playing.
If player 5 only decided to call - the turn would be easy to play - most likely - they'd want to get max value, and it'd be an easy call to get away from the hand.

Donk betting almost 80% of pot doesn't give you any information on opponents hands when they just call your bet on the flop. However they did give you info on their holdings after your bet. Sometimes 1 player will bluff shove on the flop - two players are not doing that - unless in freeroll or micro events - and you have already identified those players as maniac fish.

Aside: Good to see Player 8 loose with the best starting hand - trying to play mister trickster - min-raising with Kings pre.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot is very big for 3bet with this hand without position. Call is ok.
Flop: if you choice donkbet, you must fold vs push ALWAYS! Its 6 way pot. What do you think about his bluff range in this spot?

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe with being in the sb, ATo would actually be a fold as you are multiway and your out of position and it's early in the tourney. Your ATo in the sb being first to act, you are so dominated with any Ace on the flop with this hand.

If you were to isolate, you would be best to serve the iso with at least minimum of a 5-6x raise. I am just not loving this spot. I'd wait for another spot. No harm no foul.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did ok to just called preflop. You were out of position and ATo. The other player with 24o should not called even Pre Flop. He got lucky but played very bad.
Sometimes it happens. Keep up.
Cheers,
M.D.