Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi all,

could you watch the video and suggest, whether I played this hand correctly,
it was one of the early rounds of a MTT / Bounty
we could discuss my thoughts about this later..

as the upload didn`t work, I uploaded it here, hope that is allowed:

https://streamable.com/cjl5oq
many thanks

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would have played it the same way, you were just unlucky.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Certainly on board with calling and seeing a cheap flop, basically trying to flop a set and get paid. Folding is way to tight against a min-raise, and no point is 3-betting and bloating the pot with a small pair out of position.

Flop
You went for a donk bet / lead, and in some situations I would do that as well. It would mainly be, if both players behind were very passive, so that there was a large risk, it would get checked through. In that situation however I would choose a larger bet size like 75-80% pot. You are trying to stack someone with a top pair or overpair type hand and charge draws as much as possible. Against more normal opponents though I would check with intentions to put in a solid check-raise, since that gets even more chips in the pot.

Turn
As played definitely betting again, but I think, full pot is a bit on the large side. I prefer something like 60-75% pot, but its not the biggest deal in the world.

River
Certainly betting again as played, but now I think, your bet is to small. Its kind of awkward with your stack size, but even so you can still bet something like half pot and get paid by more or less the same hands. When he raise, I am not happy about it, but I would find it really difficult to fold. Maybe he can sometimes be doing this with a hand like KJ, that rivered two pair. Or he could be bluffing with a missed draw, even though that will be rare in the micros.

Conclusion
Your bet sizing can definitely use some work, since its a bit all over the place. And you should at least consider to check-raise the flop rather than lead. But mostly this outcome is just a cooler, and I would also have gotten stacked. This video relates pretty well to your hand, even it is a cash game hand being discussed.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would have made a check- call on the flop to induce a c bet from villain and to slowplay the hand. on the turn i would have played the hand the same way as you and i would probably just shove all in on the river. villain was very lucky to win the hand considering he calls the min raise with 24 offsuit and even though he was on the button that was just a bad call and not profitable in the long run.

S

Sbrzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was well played.
Just to turn around, if he has a medium hand he will not call you a bet like that, it seems that you are wanting to expel him from the pot, usually only pay a bet like this if you remove a very strong hand, which was the case there.
I think I have nothing to do, unfortunately he did hit his sequence.

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Thank you

Many, many thanks to all of you for your comments of advice.

@Fundiver: I also watched the video, thank you. I often play MTTs as I am not successful in Cash Games, there the things happen like described..after that I often left the table with empty hands...

Yes, my thoughts were that he has hit top pair or two pair, but as you recognised playing small cards after a raise from the button to get this street, I never expected ;-)

All the best for you..

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm the same, I'm terrible at cash games, I just stick with MTTs