$1.10 NLHE MTT Bounty: $1,10 NLHE MTT Bounty: $1,10 NLHE MTT Bounty: Slowplay or protection

bhuelse

bhuelse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1.10 NLHE MTT Bounty: $1,10 NLHE MTT Bounty: $1,10 NLHE MTT Bounty: Slowplay or protection

Hi,

I played a PKO on PP (ITM). I was on SB an got :kc4::kd4: . All other where folding. BB covered me.
I had 18BB. I pushed it. Was it OK, or should I slowplay such Cards, like Raise only to 3BB?

regards

BHuelse

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both options are ok, it depends on your opponents and your past.
Blinds war is interesting topic in poker.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
18 blinds is a bit much to just jam Blind vs Blind.

You'd probably be best here raising 2 - 2.5x and playing from there.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either play is okay for me. If you're looking for max value, the 2.5-3x range is better. If you get re-raised, it's an insta-shove for me.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's 1.10$ so a lot of bad players. 3x open seems the most optimal play

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My subjective opinion is that players with monster hands are hostages of the situation. If an ace appears on the flop, then there will probably be many players who can fold a pocket pair from jack to king. But on a dry board without a pronounced straight or flush, few will fold an overpair just because events take too sharp a turn. I lost today with a pair of aces. True, everything was decided preflop with the help of all-in and not on my initiative.
The guy showed a couple of dozen and on the river got his set. The paradox is that even knowing the full layout of the cards, I did not find a way with which I could save my stack. Before the river, the situation was in my favor. All-in with a pair of kings I consider a profitable tactic, provided that you are sure that they will answer you. There are many other hands for stealing blinds. :thefinger

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Brawo say, this depend a lot on the dynamic, that existed between you. Did you try limping in from SB before, and did he raise or even jam against that every time? In that case limping KK is a really sexy option of course with intentions to go all in, if he put in any kind of raise.

Or was it maybe a situation, where you had been jamming against his BB multible times, so that he might be a bit tilted and ready to "fight you back"? Then jamming for 18BB can certainly look bluffy and be a great option. You are kind of saying "hey please fold", while in reality you are praying for him to call.

Finally you were also deep enough to put in a standard raise and play postflop, if he just call. This however depend also, how you play the rest of your range. If you had limped the previous 4 times, because you always limp, when stacks are this short, then its probably better to limp KK as well.

bhuelse

bhuelse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your answers.
As always in Poker it depends ;)

Maybe next time I try the slow way.