$1.10 NL HE MTT: 66 SB vs 22 UTG limp call (early game) "main doubt on the river"

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
pokerstars, $1 + $0.10 - Hold'em No Limit - 20/40 (10 ante) - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 2,502 (63 bb)
MP: 4,550 (114 bb)
CO: 3,000 (75 bb)
BU: 2,827 (71 bb)
SB (Hero): 3,680 (92 bb)
BB: 3,076 (77 bb)

Pre-Flop: (120) Hero is SB with 6 6
UTG calls 40, 3 players fold, Hero raises to 140, 1 fold, UTG calls 100

Flop: (380) 2 4 5 (2 players)
Hero bets 266, UTG calls 266

Turn: (912) J (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets 280, Hero calls 280

River:
(1,472) 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets 600, Hero calls 600

Total pot:

Showdown:
UTG shows 2 2 (a full house, Twos full of Fives)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 19%, Flop: 74%, Turn: 86%, River: 100%)

SB (Hero) mucks 6 6 (two pair, Sixes and Fives)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 81%, Flop: 26%, Turn: 14%, River: 0%)

UTG wins 2,672

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I think, this is a great spot to just complete and go for a very cheap setmine. When you raise, you will sometimes get BB out of the hand, but the limper is never folding. So most of all you are just building a big pot, when you are out of position with a hand, that play best with deep stacks. And its not like, this is a raise for value either, since 66 is ahead of almost no other hand, that limp UTG. Yes ok there are 22-55 and maybe some wheel aces, but thats just about it. But ok you raise, and it beats folding, so whatever.

Flop
Other than flopping a set this is pretty much the best possible board for 66, and I am ok with a somewhat large C-bet.

Turn
While the J is an overcard to your 66, it does not connect with anything, that he called with on the flop, so its pretty much the same as seeing a 2, if you bet the flop with AJ on J84 rainbow. And for that reason I prefer to bet again. There are plenty of draws, that can call, and if he actually fold a hand like A5, thats cool as well, because then he give up quite a bit of equity. As played you obviously have to call his small bet.

River
The 5 pairing is actually a much worse card for you than the J, because he can absolutely have it. But none of the draws got there, he is betting very small, and sometimes people just play weird, especially in tournaments this cheap. So I think, this is a very easy call.

Results
As played preflop with the raise you lost the absolute minimum, while the opponent missed a lot of value by not raising the flop and by going so small on turn and river. And this is also a way, we gain edge in the game, although not the most exciting one.

300HPGOD

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with most of the above. I would not raise this pre and this is a hand where if we do get called (and probably should expect to be called) there are so many flops where we are in no mans land. We would have to play the hand (if raising pre) like we are not flop dependent but that can lead to a lot of trouble. Much much better here to just call and have a very disguised hand when we do hit which is what we want at this stack depth.

The flop is a bet as we actually have an overpair, gutter and a weak backdoor but I dont like going this big. I think around half pot is fine and gives us a cheaper exit should we need to. Any hand that will call this size bet on this board is probably one that will give us trouble do to overcards that will inevitably fall on turn and river. I agree we dont want to go small since we want folds but we dont want to go overboard either and be digging our own grave. I think half pot or so looks valuey and should get the folds you want without crushing us when we are incorrect. Plus, to win this hand at this point (assuming we are called) we will have to double barrel often so knowing that I would want go less on flop so my turn bet can look stronger and have the option of ramping it up in sizing should I want to.

I think you can go two ways here (depending on your flop sizing which I will elaborate below) even though I said above you will have to double barrel often. I guess it depends on opponent but you either have to double barrel here against players you think can fold or check call against those that cant. Im indifferent with this exact card coming on the turn so I would go off what I know about opponent. If I knew nothing then I probably lean towards check calling but that is if I made the flop sizing of half. Going as large as you did on flop and then checking turn looks really weak and some will pick up on that so as played with your sizing I would go the double barrel route. Checking would then induce bluffs but then we have to bluff catch two streets where we know overcards are coming and draws could complete. As played its a call for this sizing as I would think villain does not have a J here often (but I would also not think they have the hand they had often if ever either).

River as played is a check call but with their bet sizings on turn and river its close. I think the 5 is not great but its also not another random overcard to the board. I dont like villains sizing for us (I think its very good from their perspective since we dont have Jx as how we played and not sure we check the river to them with 5x knowing they bet small on turn and could easily check behind) since it kind of screams value especially after they bet small on turn and then could check back if they just wanted showdown value but instead go for a bet that is valuey in amount. I would be thinking about this one and I would consider folding here but I doubt I would in game and would probably call it as you did.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really like playing flat limp depp stack with low pairs, and the main reason is that when you hit a set flop the pot is so small that it's hard to build a big pot so you stop drawing, not to mention that the players micro usually do this limp jam with monster hands, which would not be identified if I just completed it. I would be blind.
Thank you very much! 🙏

Top 10 Games