$1.1 NLHE MTT: $1,1 NLHE MTT: $1,1 NLHE MTT: What do you think about range of opponent?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a final table. Opponent is a very good regular.
What about nut range and what about bluff range do you think?

https://www.boomplayer.com/31794011_045A0F9723

Thank U 4 Posting

Why do You check- call flop with 2 pair? Is K2 a hand you want to go 3 way with?

Why do you check turn when the A hits?

Why do you bet so large on the river? Where does K2 rank in the range of possible best hands on that board at the river?

What does that bet look like to our villain?

What would villain be expecting us to fold?
Pot 1.2 call .38 are you folding to often? Does villain know this?
Have you taken similar river action and folded?

If villain thinks we are bluffing why shove? Do good villains expect folds to those pot odds?

ICM considerations.
Does this good player not see 2 short stacks and that a call keeps villain in first place if they lose?

Why would villain run a big bluff here?
Why would villain check raise one pair Ax? If they have an A it is less likely you do so why not thin value lead the river?

If you call and win this pot villain just made the chip leader to their direct left.
Would a good villain take a high risk play and do that?

Hope this helps

:):)

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting

Why do You check- call flop with 2 pair? Is K2 a hand you want to go 3 way with?

Why do you check turn when the A hits?

Why do you bet so large on the river? Where does K2 rank in the range of possible best hands on that board at the river?

What does that bet look like to our villain?

What would villain be expecting us to fold?
Pot 1.2 call .38 are you folding to often? Does villain know this?
Have you taken similar river action and folded?

If villain thinks we are bluffing why shove? Do good villains expect folds to those pot odds?

ICM considerations.
Does this good player not see 2 short stacks and that a call keeps villain in first place if they lose?

Why would villain run a big bluff here?
Why would villain check raise one pair Ax? If they have an A it is less likely you do so why not thin value lead the river?

If you call and win this pot villain just made the chip leader to their direct left.
Would a good villain take a high risk play and do that?

Hope this helps

:):)

I dont wanna answer to this: "Why do You check- call flop with 2 pair? Is K2 a hand you want to go 3 way with?" I dont wanna teach to play someone here, sorry.

"Why do you check turn when the A hits?"
Because it will be face up. This card more suitable for button. If i bet turn and bet river, he can fold his Ace. I wanna see his bet on the turn with Aces and with bluffs too.

"Why do you bet so large on the river? Where does K2 rank in the range of possible best hands on that board at the river?"
For snap fold vs push of SB. It is good, what you see the size. I wanna bet with straights same size. His push have more better hands and i think his bluff range in this spot = 0, because he have not fold equity here.

"If villain thinks we are bluffing why shove? Do good villains expect folds to those pot odds?"
This is a very good player and he knows what i am good player. And he know what i never bluff here playing this size.

"ICM considerations. Does this good player not see 2 short stacks and that a call keeps villain in first place if they lose? Why would villain run a big bluff here? Why would villain check raise one pair Ax? If they have an A it is less likely you do so why not thin value lead the river? If you call and win this pot villain just made the chip leader to their direct left. Would a good villain take a high risk play and do that?" You answered your own question xD If he bluffs the chip leader stack, he becomes 4m. It is a very bad for him.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wont post a wall of text that is hardly contributing to a hand analysis.
My take on this is as following.

It is a 1.1$ game and we dont need to think about ranges and ESPECIALLY nut advantages. I've been studying quite a bit of high stakes games lately and we dont need to apply any of it in this hand.

We see a pot size bet and a call. So we basically can straight away identify that small blind is up to something at least decently connected to the board.
Button reps strong(ish) hand like pocket pair or Kx.

Being said that our best option is most likely straight jamming. Even though yes you sometimes will miss value by making Kx fold on the flop, but i would not worry about it at these games.

Hope this super simplified analysis helps, Good Luck!

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand got super weird when you check - called the flop into two opponents - if ever there was a raise spot - the time was there. BB could have 56 for a nut hand, K7, A3, A4, etc - the button obviously had air since they bet pot and have up on the later streets.

For me its hard for your opponent to be better than you here unless they have 56 for some rivered straight. I think more likely you are up against another K. KT, KJ, KQ are all hands he may not be thinking are bluffs - since the ace checks throughout he assumes no one has it and if he has KQ he could be trying to stack another K with kicker problems. $1 players do not think too much and are raising spots they shouldnt be.

For me you butchered this hand when you missed your check- raise spot on the flop and with over half your stack in the middle you now HAVE to call off...who risks half their stack just to fold? You are fearing too much here and we are good most of the time - I think - to just make the call. If we are beat, it's our own fault for not playing this properly, but we cant just risk half our stack to give up and let someone else take it from us.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
weird Hand Overall
button limps, then bets slightly more than pot into the blinds….
sb check calls preflop, flop and turn and then check shoves the river….

like others said, I would not think about the Hand in a complicated way because it is a 1$ Tournament. so everyone is an Amateur and most People don't know what range Advantage or bluff range means.

not sure what button could have here. after his limp and then pot size bet I thought he was really strong like some sneaky AK/AA/KK, but after the fold on the river it seems like he limped something like KT, 44, 55, Maybe KJ. I can't think of many Hands that I would limp on the button in a 6max that would make sense in this spot.

the chip leader in the small blind could have anything. from his Play it would say he is really strong, Maybe something like 54, A2, A3, A7, 33. unless he is a nit he would raise pre all his strong Kx and Ax like KQ AJ AQ AK so I don't see too many Hands that you could beat.

last but not least, I don't know what your gameplan was? to slowroll just to Dump off Chips? you flop a Monster in a multiway pot and get Action, RAISE and let them pay. calling and checking the turn just to fold to a check-raise on the river is really bad.
you should raise the flop to About 200k and shove any non diamond turn