$1.1 NL HE MTT: AQo: Rejam with no fold equity?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
Hi,

this tourney is a small $25 GTD hyper MTT and it has many fish, maniacs but also a few regs.

I was playing on my phone, so no HH unfortunately. But hand goes like this:

We're at the final table, 6 left, 3 paid.

I have 23 BBs (I think 2 others are around 20 BBs and 3 bigger stacks) and get dealt AQo in UTG, I min-raise, get min-3-bet to 3.5 BBs by CO, BN calls, SB and BB fold.

What's the best action here?

Both players have me covered and from what I see, they play quite loose, enter many pots and like calling, so I assume I have not much, if not no fold equity.

Just call here and play this pot OOP or would you say AQo is strong enough to rejam here?

Last edited:
G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hi,

this tourney is a small $25 GTD hyper MTT and it has many fish, maniacs but also a few regs.

I was playing on my phone, so no HH unfortunately. But hand goes like this:

We're at the final table, 6 left, 3 paid.

I have 23 BBs (I think 2 others are around 20 BBs and 3 bigger stacks) and get dealt AQo in UTG, I min-raise, get min-3-bet to 3.5 BBs by CO, BN calls, SB and BB fold.

What's the best action here?

Both players have me covered and from what I see, they play quite loose, enter many pots and like calling, so I assume I have not much, if not no fold equity.

Just call here and play this pot OOP or would you say AQo is strong enough to rejam here?
Against two loose players I would reraise allin and would expect one of them to call

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Unfortunatly every such situation might have a different context when we are talking about microlimits...I can easily imagine, that this guy have very strong hand like QQ KK AA AK and minraised to "trap" you...and just the same I can imagine that he may have just "beautiful hand" like KQ KJ K10 AQ AJ (that's in better case), smaller pocet pairs or even random QJs Q10 J10o J9 K9s etc here... If those players really played loose, then we can expect literelly everything. If you really noticed, that this guy opens much etc, then rejam might have pretty good value here. I had some similiar situations with this "random playing" when such player have a big stack (because he added-on probably) and starts to open every hand with 4.12 or 5.38bb :LOL:. I found that you need to push some good hand to that opening, because much more often he will have a junk hand than a strong one and you will get enough folds or calls from weaker hands. But, of course, you canmeet his strong hand, but the probability of tha is much lower, so I find it reasonable.

And what did you do here?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
And what did you do here?
I re-jammed indeed.

Both called. 😅

Flop came KQT.

CO checked, BN bet 1 BB (lol), CO called.

Turn I don't remember but no card that improved my hand. CO checked again, BN bet 1/3 of pot. CO folds and BN reveals KJs. 🥴

No, Queen, Ace or Jack came to my rescue on river. 😅

But glad you seem to agree on my move. Just didn't work out this time. ☺️

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The min 3-bet is sometimes AA, but in my experience its more often a bad player goofing around with whatever. If he had made a large 3-bet, I would be willing to get it in with AQ for 23 BB in this situation. So I am not going to change my strategy, just because he made a goofy sizing, and even less so when BTN has cold called the 3-bet. BTN is just kind of dead money here, and if he calls it off with a hand like KJ, like he did, then you are printing value. Sure he will sometimes get there, but it is, what it is.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please all dont get mad at me since I say this every post now but this is villain dependent on what this small 3 bet means. It either means (depending on 3 bet % stats) that they have a very strong hand that is at the top of the range tree or it is somebody who has a 3 bet % of 15%+ and is 3 betting just to 3 bet because its what they do for whatever reason (seems to be a decent amount of players in the micros). I know you did not have a HUD up since on your phone but my play would have been based on how often does the 3 bettor 3 bet. If its a lot I jam over here, if its not I would be scared (maybe too scared) and would have just called to see if I hit some miracle flop since the price is so good but would have proceeded with caution. We do block AA which helps but of course that could still be what we could have been up against. With this stack size I would make my decision on the 3 bet feeling I have about villain, a smaller stack like 15 BBs or so I would be jamming no matter what their stats were.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the pay out is to 3 players only, and you are 6, I think keeping the pot small is good (just call) you are above 15 BB so why gamble against 2 other players, also if you shove and they fold well u win 7BB where if you call you only lose 3.5 if you miss the flop and have to fold. And still have a decent stak to push with.
IF it was vs 1 player and it was a THIGHT player a re-raise could be fine.
Lose players a hard to play against as you are not playing but gambling and hoping :) and they fold they just want the "kick" ;)

So it comes down to do you want to gamble or wait for a more secure spot, and the depends on how much you need the win for your bankroll ;)
and how good your postflop play is ;)

Folding in Poker