Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
1.1 turbo zoom, we achieved the normal format and 14 left. Everyone folded around, I have :ah4::jh4: and 22.5bbs, while BB covers me more than 2 times.

Wondering how you feel about this line I choose and the streets?
Should opp fold to my shove?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would also limp, but I much prefer 3-bet jamming rather than making a small 3-bet. You want him to fold here not call you in position, which he will do a lot, when you go this small.

Flop
By 3-betting small you created a 1,5 SPR pot, which is a very awkward spot. Its to deep to jam the flop with just two overcards, and if you C-bet small, like you did, you will be getting 3:1 on a jam from him. Which is pretty awkward, since you are almost priced in to call a jam, if you think, your overcards are live. Then you can check, but you cant really call a bet out of position, so often you are then just putting in 25% of your chips pre without getting to see more than 3 cards. So I dont really like any option here, and my main suggestion is to think ahead and not create this spot preflop.

Turn
You picked up a flushdraw, and as played I would also jam now. You are almost getting the right odds, even if he never fold, and maybe there is just a sliver of fold equity.

Results
Against this particular hand I would also have gone broke, since he clearly dont fold preflop, so the result is just a cooler. I will say though, that after seeing his hand, we might start to wonder, if his minraise pre is a sign of a very strong hand like this, which wants action. And if we think so, there could be an argument for just calling the extra blind, see a cheap flop and go from there.

Last edited:
spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is why position is importent at the table, !
I do not like the the pre flop reraise, and when we do it and get called I would play more passive from that position, an see if I hit.

alternative when I make the reraise preflop, I would shove postflop.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way you played bro, I think it was absolutely fine, maybe if the opponent reraises on the flop, then all-in or fold, so on the other hand, you could try to take the pot with a half-bluff on the turn flushdraw, unfortunately, on the other side, he was sitting on a bigger chip and he fell in love to A,K.
The A,K should have folded on the turn or called your raise back preflop, because the call was pretty pointless on his part. If he calls your raise preflop and you go all in, he should call or fold, because his AK could be greatly reduced by the flop.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1.1 turbo zoom, we achieved the normal format and 14 left. Everyone folded around, I have :ah4::jh4: and 22.5bbs, while BB covers me more than 2 times.

Wondering how you feel about this line I choose and the streets?
Should opp fold to my shove?

Preflop as Fundiver stated- why is this player min raising? At this buy-in level it is to build a pot most often so what range is it?
Is a small 3 bet effective vs that range OOP? Do we fold to a 4 bet? Would the BB shove AToff or worse suited AX etc etc if not we have to fold the AJ to a4 bet so we want to put a hand like AJ suited into the see a flop bucket to realize it's equity vs a strong range

Last edited:
dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys for the feedbacks! :)

Without any notes this min-bet was quiet fishy, but I could see some Ax hands or smallish pockets in with some straight connector cards. I never thought this can be such strong. I agree what you're saying, there should be more re-shoves in my range especially when people are willing to set-up the field like this, so I'm gonna pay attention to it.
For the record I'd loved to see AKo crack here, as so rare to see a line like mine not including a pocket pair at least coming to the turn, but seems this weird hand broke me either way - however for the learning I had to see where I was off. ;)

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Thanks guys for the feedbacks! :)

Without any notes this min-bet was quiet fishy, but I could see some Ax hands or smallish pockets in with some straight connector cards. I never thought this can be such strong. I agree what you're saying, there should be more re-shoves in my range especially when people are willing to set-up the field like this, so I'm gonna pay attention to it.
For the record I'd loved to see AKo crack here, as so rare to see a line like mine not including a pocket pair at least coming to the turn, but seems this weird hand broke me either way - however for the learning I had to see where I was off. ;)
Hey dallam,
All in all, this was a cooler of some sort. Unfortunately, you walked into that AK against a player who had you covered.
I got nothing to say about the turn and especially the river, You were already kind of committed and drawing to the nuts. I think your troubles in this hand started when you decided to 4bet preflop, don't get me wrong though, that could've been the right move under different circumstances.
Here, you were facing a bigger stack OOP, you were still a contender (Only 14 players left) and honestly, AJ, even suited does not play that great post-flop. So I would've opted for a call after his min 3bet, see a flop, then take it from there.