$1.08 NLHE STT: Was it time to get it in with an OESD?

JDAWG5

JDAWG5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was a double or nothing, 10 man tourney.

I was in the BB and flopped an Up and Down straight draw. I led out for 2/3 the pot, and got re-raised all in. I then called, and was knocked out.

I was wondering if I should have played this hand differently, thanks.

Attachments

• dub or nothing ko.JPG
    dub or nothing ko.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 35
B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is impossible to answer without knowing all the stack sizes. If you don't realize that the other stack sizes are important, you shouldn't be playing 50-50. Apologies if this info is posted and I just can't see it on my phone.

JDAWG5

JDAWG5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is impossible to answer without knowing all the stack sizes. If you don't realize that the other stack sizes are important, you shouldn't be playing 50-50. Apologies if this info is posted and I just can't see it on my phone.

Sorry, how exactly do I post the stack sizes?

The HH converter doesn't seem to work for me when I copy it from Hero.

I may be doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can scan your hard disk and find the hand, then open Notepad, cut and paste, but it ain't simple, and looks bad, thus it will read bad.

JDAWG5

JDAWG5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can scan your hard disk and find the hand, then open Notepad, cut and paste, but it ain't simple, and looks bad, thus it will read bad.

Sorry, but how exactly do find the HH in my hard disk?

Thanks.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a tracker, there will be a sub-folder with processed hands in the tracker folder.

If not, under the site folder, there should be a sub-folder with HH's.

JDAWG5

JDAWG5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a tracker, there will be a sub-folder with processed hands in the tracker folder.

If not, under the site folder, there should be a sub-folder with HH's.

I do not have a tracker. I have been able to find the HH by going to the sub-folder on the site, the only problem is when I copy and paste the HH into a converter, it never works. :(

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No it wasn't time to get it in..you fold the flop..and Yeah, c/f the flop is the best thing you could of done...why did you elect to pot bet it for like a 1/4 of your stack?

You're playing a game of DON...of course you should not be getting your chips in with an OESD and especially not donk leading flops!

c/f flops. Why you donk led the flop is beyond me, let alone for that huge bet size.

Don't play these games if you want to try get creative on flops even with OESD's..the whole idea of these none poker games is just to fold,fold,fold,c/f flops unless you hit the absolute nuts and chances of being outdrawn are next to none.

Then in the later stages when people nit up more, start putting pressure on shoving in good spots.

Last edited:
PokerJudas

PokerJudas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you had pretty much the same stacks and early in the game this would be a fold for me... Even if you led out with a 2/3 pot bet you still have chips to recoup or rebiuld later if you fold. If this guy also had a straight draw I think he would have just called you. In your situation I would put him on a set if he wasn`t totally mental... If he is mental you will punnish him later anyway :)

It would be interesting to see how people would play the j-10 on the flop also? Not trying to take over your tread by any means :)

JDAWG5

JDAWG5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok thanks guys. I clearly should have just check/folded the flop.