$1.05 NL HE MTT: Should I check the nuts here?

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
I think maybe I should have checked here with the nuts. I made a small raise thinking this flop hit someone. What did they open/call with?
Should I be checking here and letting someone bluff or bet their Top pair? Bet sizing and when to check is a challenge for me.

NL Holdem $0.95+$0.10 (1000.00BB)
CO (72.8BBs)
BTN (56.7BBs) [VPIP: 25% | PFR: 25% | AGG: 0% | Hands: 8]
HERO (271.7BBs)
BB (82.7BBs)
[VPIP: 23.4% | PFR: 10.6% | AGG: 33.3% | Hands: 48]
UTG_1 (109.2BBs)
UTG (44.9BBs)
MP (37BBs)

Dealt to Hero: T 9

UTG_1 Folds, UTG Folds, MP Folds, CO Folds, BTN Raises To 2.1BBs, HERO Calls 1.5BBs, BB Calls 1BBs

Hero SPR on Flop: [7.9 effective]
Flop (6.9BBs): K J Q
HERO Bets 2.1BBs (Rem. Stack: 267.5BBs), BB Folds, BTN Folds

HERO wins: 6.9BBs

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would defend here with T9s, and I would also defend T9o from BB. But for me T9o from SB is just a fold.

Flop
I dont think, a donk bet here is terrible, but I also dont think, its great. And if you are going to make it, then why make it so small? The whole idea is to make sure, chips go into the pot, but with this sizing its almost like, you are block betting. I would check here, let BTN do his C-bet thing, and then come over the top with a check-raise. But with that being said since they both folded, they likely had undercards to the board, and then you would not have gotten much action regardless. hands like 76 of hearts or 44 are just check-folding and giving up on a board like this.

What is the nuts
AT was the nuts, so you only had the second nuts. Not that this matter much, as the hand played out, but if the action had gotten completely wild, folding is not totally out of the question, since someone could easily have AT.

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
What is the nuts
AT was the nuts, so you only had the second nuts. Not that this matter much, as the hand played out, but if the action had gotten completely wild, folding is not totally out of the question, since someone could easily have AT.
I immediately thought so too. AT is the nuts and if played skillfully you will end up losing part of your stack.