Serdiukov#1 (MP): 6,199 (77 bb)
ppuppc (MP+1): 3,862 (48 bb)
lekain (LP): 4,713 (59 bb)
izidoro4 (CO): 3,775 (47 bb)
voktv (BU): 4,729 (59 bb)
akarmara (SB): 4,860 (61 bb)
waitwalter (BB): 10,809 (135 bb)

Pre-Flop: (210) Hero (lekain) is LP with T Q
3 players fold, ppuppc (MP+1) calls 80, lekain (LP) calls 80, 2 players fold, akarmara (SB) calls 40, waitwalter (BB) checks

Flop: (410) K T 4 (4 players)
akarmara (SB) checks, waitwalter (BB) bets 148, ppuppc (MP+1) folds, lekain (LP) calls 148, akarmara (SB) calls 148

Turn: (854) Q (3 players)
akarmara (SB) checks, waitwalter (BB) bets 307, lekain (LP) calls 307, akarmara (SB) calls 307

River: (1,775) J (3 players)
akarmara (SB) checks, waitwalter (BB) checks, lekain (LP) checks

Total pot: 1,775

Showdown:
waitwalter (BB) shows K J (two pair, Kings and Jacks)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 58%, Flop: 84%, Turn: 26%, River: 100%)

akarmara (SB) shows J T (two pair, Jacks and Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 12%, Flop: 2%, Turn: 10%, River: 0%)

lekain (LP) mucks T Q (two pair, Queens and Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 30%, Flop: 14%, Turn: 64%, River: 0%)

waitwalter (BB) wins 1,775

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty standard to see things play out like this. The good news is I think you played the hand just fine - we have to call with 2nd pair on the flop - we turn two pair so we have to stay for another bet as well - the river is not a good card so we should look to get to showdown as cheap as possible - and turns out we lose to a better 2 pair. Dont be shocked...most people are playing Broadway combos so when multiple Broadway cards are on board it only makes sense that the possibility of 2 pair combos would increase.

If you dont want to lose chips in pots like this dont play marginal hands. I generally dont overlimp many combos and when I come in with position I'm always raising, in this particular situation it may do you no good but limping in general is poor strategy. Back to hand strength - sure QT isnt necessarily the worst holding possible, but we certainly did not HAVE to play this hand, we chose to put ourselves in this spot. In the end it was a limped pot to start with so we lost the minimum, no big deal.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Top 2 pr is very different from middle 2 pr or bottom 2 pr. Tread carefully if you have the latter two hands. You will often lose.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I'm concerned If I were you I would make raise around 280 turn QTo into blef or fold. I don't want multiway pot with marginal hand like this. What even if you hit top pair queen? is a lot of hands there with better kicker than your ten and a lot of marginal hands can be here like every king on the blinds and other trashes.
Big blind lead and didin't that wonder you? What is he playing with like that? He want protect something for me, weak king? probably. SB calls too, can have king too or they can have a lot of draws. Ok second pair fold here is to fast (if you are already here). Boom, second pair, you were happy I supposed. I would be too ... for a moment. Some straight draws like J9 have been completed (SB, BB would check draws) AJ noone have probably because noone did raise preflop. BB still continue betting, double-barrel, it looks strong, another lead, but now you have more difficult fold, call is hmm pretty normal. Why SB and BB checks on the river? It is last ocasion to earn some chips, here of course you have some showdawn value and it is safe to check behind but every ace win here, is it possible they fold two pairs? If you think answer is "yes" overbet can win this pot for you, but like I said you play longer than we see this hand. I don't like limp preflop, good luck :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
From HJ I lean towards just folding QTo, when someone has limped into the pot. There are 4 players left to act behind, and because of the limper a raise needs to be large. So if you raise, you are putting in a lot of money with a bad hand basically just hoping for folds. Limping behind is also not great. 4 players can put in an isolation raise, and even when that does not happen, QTo mostly flop a weak top pair or a second pair, and this is not the kind of hand, you want to have in a multiway pot.

Flop
Since he bet less than half pot, you kind of have to call. But its not a great spot at all, which is why, I did not like the preflop limp. He is representing top pair or a big draw, and if he has a hand like KQ, which is absolutely possible, 3 of your outs are not clean.

Turn
You improved to two pair and face another small bet, so clearly you have to call. I dont think, your hand is strong enough for raising though.

River
Clear check back, since there is now a 1-liner to a straight.

Conclusion
The problem in this hand is preflop. Getting involved with to many bad hands put you in postflop situations, where you end up making a costly second best hand.

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty standard to see things play out like this. The good news is I think you played the hand just fine - we have to call with 2nd pair on the flop - we turn two pair so we have to stay for another bet as well - the river is not a good card so we should look to get to showdown as cheap as possible - and turns out we lose to a better 2 pair. Dont be shocked...most people are playing Broadway combos so when multiple Broadway cards are on board it only makes sense that the possibility of 2 pair combos would increase.

If you dont want to lose chips in pots like this dont play marginal hands. I generally dont overlimp many combos and when I come in with position I'm always raising, in this particular situation it may do you no good but limping in general is poor strategy. Back to hand strength - sure QT isnt necessarily the worst holding possible, but we certainly did not HAVE to play this hand, we chose to put ourselves in this spot. In the end it was a limped pot to start with so we lost the minimum, no big deal.

Top 2 pr is very different from middle 2 pr or bottom 2 pr. Tread carefully if you have the latter two hands. You will often lose.

As far as I'm concerned If I were you I would make raise around 280 turn QTo into blef or fold. I don't want multiway pot with marginal hand like this. What even if you hit top pair queen? is a lot of hands there with better kicker than your ten and a lot of marginal hands can be here like every king on the blinds and other trashes.
Big blind lead and didin't that wonder you? What is he playing with like that? He want protect something for me, weak king? probably. SB calls too, can have king too or they can have a lot of draws. Ok second pair fold here is to fast (if you are already here). Boom, second pair, you were happy I supposed. I would be too ... for a moment. Some straight draws like J9 have been completed (SB, BB would check draws) AJ noone have probably because noone did raise preflop. BB still continue betting, double-barrel, it looks strong, another lead, but now you have more difficult fold, call is hmm pretty normal. Why SB and BB checks on the river? It is last ocasion to earn some chips, here of course you have some showdawn value and it is safe to check behind but every ace win here, is it possible they fold two pairs? If you think answer is "yes" overbet can win this pot for you, but like I said you play longer than we see this hand. I don't like limp preflop, good luck :)

Preflop
From HJ I lean towards just folding QTo, when someone has limped into the pot. There are 4 players left to act behind, and because of the limper a raise needs to be large. So if you raise, you are putting in a lot of money with a bad hand basically just hoping for folds. Limping behind is also not great. 4 players can put in an isolation raise, and even when that does not happen, QTo mostly flop a weak top pair or a second pair, and this is not the kind of hand, you want to have in a multiway pot.

Flop
Since he bet less than half pot, you kind of have to call. But its not a great spot at all, which is why, I did not like the preflop limp. He is representing top pair or a big draw, and if he has a hand like KQ, which is absolutely possible, 3 of your outs are not clean.

Turn
You improved to two pair and face another small bet, so clearly you have to call. I dont think, your hand is strong enough for raising though.

River
Clear check back, since there is now a 1-liner to a straight.

Conclusion
The problem in this hand is preflop. Getting involved with to many bad hands put you in postflop situations, where you end up making a costly second best hand.

Thanks for your comments.
In this hand, I liked the board and the result.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like he pre flop to play Q10 offsuit. It's a marginal hand at best. If QJ suited I would play. But often it has the same problems with kicker. After the turn I don't see
KJ off suit folding to a raise. Top pair opened ended with no flush draw possible.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My only gripe would be on the turn. It is not a super strong hand but in position I think it is strong enough to raise. This would usually get the SB out of the hand who could easily be sitting there with Jx and drawing and it would also force BB to either call or raise. If the big blind just calls our raise then they will play the river face up meaning when they bet into us we are probably behind and when they check to us we can either bet for value or check behind depending on the river card. If the BB raises our turn bet then we have a decision to make but most likely it would be a fold. It makes the hand a little more transparent here for us and villains range to raise the turn.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its ok to call preflop. I dont wanna raise with ofsuited QT and this hand Will be ok vs limp range. Flop we've got 2nd pair, vs small bet i never fold here. Turn in most of cases we had a better hand. So Turn you may play raise.