$0.55 NLHE MTT Turbo: $0,55 NLHE MTT Turbo: Was my post flop action correct?

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournament is turbo, I was already in ITM and with only 7BB. After two limpers of villains and analyzing the flop, I read and thought that none of them could have the Q and so I gave the shove. Was my post flop action correct?
http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/9367097

Last edited:
BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On that flop you are most likely ahead. I don't see anything else to do but jam. No sense in letting a scare card come out or let draws go cheap. Personally I'm jamming this pre or folding this hand.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I think preflop complete is a right decision. In these tournaments players are calling lightly and you will be behind almost every time, however, limping and trying to catch something on the flop is completely viable. Since your stack is so short you will have no problem realizing your equity and you don't need a lot of it in the first place to make preflop call profitable.

On the flop though I would just lead with shove. You want draws and overcards fold, you don't want them to be commited, don't you. So, in these kind of situations don't allow them to put in money and get commited and lead yourself. As played, shove is fine.

T

TeamProSW

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
You are in a push-or-fold phase with only 7bb's left. So just calling with this hand preflop is not good idea upon me :(
I would fold it preflop, but others would give it a try with preflop shove :top:

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are in a push-or-fold phase with only 7bb's left. So just calling with this hand preflop is not good idea upon me :(
I would fold it preflop, but others would give it a try with preflop shove :top:
He was small blind, with 500 already in plus the 125 ante, so he is getting like 7 to 1 to complete. I would be concerned the even shorter stacked bb would shove but hard to say not knowing anything about players. I don't see problem with the call from sb but def I would shove once the 8 flopped. You just have to hope no Q or flush draws don't hit, no way bb would fold his flush draw, imo so end result is same but you want to shove to get rid of players with over cards as your 8s are pretty easily beat if you let 4 over cards that completely missed hang around to see turn and river for free.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, your post-flop decision was the right one, unfortunately the BB had a flush project and it was not going to fold, but your post-flop decision was correct.

Greetings and good luck

T

TeamProSW

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips