$0.55 NLHE MTT: $ NLHE MTT: QQ in Micro MTT Satellite

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only a couple of hands on Villain, seemed a bit loose pre and passive postflop.
My thinking preflop was that if we 5bet shove we only get called by AK, AA, KK.
We have the Q of diamonds which blocks the AQdd.

pokerstars, $0.49 + $0.06 - Hold'em No Limit - 20/40 (5 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 6,215 (155 bb)
UTG+1: 2,990 (75 bb)
MP: 2,462 (62 bb)
MP+1 (Hero): 2,422 (61 bb)
CO: 2,730 (68 bb)
BU: 3,066 (77 bb)
SB: 3,462 (87 bb)
BB: 3,077 (77 bb)

Pre-Flop: (100) Hero is MP+1 with Q Q
UTG raises to 80, 2 players fold, Hero 3-bets to 280, CO 4-bets to 480, 4 players fold, Hero calls 200

Flop: (1,140) 7 6 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets 560, Hero calls 560

Turn: (2,260) 4 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets 1,685 (all-in), Hero ?

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is logical and typical.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
check-raise all in flop, flop is quite wet, no need to slowplay.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a 50c tournament where not a ton of players are capable of a 4bet this one baffles me a bit. The click back usually is a red flag for super strength and post flop they played the hand as such! I like the way you decide to take the passive route and play this hand post flop. I agree the board is fairly wet - if we dont get it in on the flop, maybe we do on the turn.

Myself - I would've also considered 5bet jamming this hand preflop! I think AA or KK should be doing this for us rather than clicking back.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On one side a cold 4-bet is a very strong action, but on the other side I have seen bad players make undersized raises preflop with so much nonsense, that I have a difficult time taking it serious. Sometimes they are just trying to scare you away from betting postflop by pretending, they have aces, and other times they randomly mis-clicked.

For these reasons I just ship it in pre for 61BB. If he happen to have aces or kings, then good for him. And if he call me with some silly nonsense like 77 or KJs, good luck to him. Either way I am done and just rolling the dice. As played I dont know, how we can fold the turn? If he can have anything, which connected with the board, then he can have many other hands as well. So if we fold, we are basically giving he credit for always having aces or kings.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a 50c tournament where not a ton of players are capable of a 4bet this one baffles me a bit. The click back usually is a red flag for super strength and post flop they played the hand as such! I like the way you decide to take the passive route and play this hand post flop. I agree the board is fairly wet - if we dont get it in on the flop, maybe we do on the turn.

Myself - I would've also considered 5bet jamming this hand preflop! I think AA or KK should be doing this for us rather than clicking back.

I agree with you.

In those Micro-Limits People don't 4bet bluff so it's AA/KK most of the time. most People 4bet jam AK so there is no Hand you could beat here.

I would also just 5bet jam QQ here

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like others have said, I’d like to shove pre-flop here too. The main reason, bedsides the strength of our hand of course, is the size of the pot relative to the size of the remaining effective stack. If you find yourself often in confusing spots post flop with high pairs, this could be a sign that you’re generally missing some shoves pre-flop.

I know you said the player was mainly loose pre and passive post, and if I had just an overall very solid read that this player was say tight/passive instead then I would likely play this hand differently. But with the info you had at the time, I also prefer just getting it all in pre despite the somewhat deepish effective stack :)

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am quite surprised to see so many being eager to get it all in preflop. We have a UTG open, an MP 3B and a CO cold4b, that makes me assign CO a range of KK+ and AK. Against that range we are doing rather poor. So we would need quite some bluffs in addition to make a shove PF profitable.

If we shoved, we risk 2140 to win 3100 in case he calls. If he folds, we win 960.

Feels like we need 40% equity if he never bluffs. Right?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am quite surprised to see so many being eager to get it all in preflop. We have a UTG open, an MP 3B and a CO cold4b, that makes me assign CO a range of KK+ and AK. Against that range we are doing rather poor. So we would need quite some bluffs in addition to make a shove PF profitable.

The thing is, if we call, we are going broke to his AA and KK anyway on low flops like this, we are not deep enough to setmine, and we give his AK as well as anything, he is goofing around with, a chance to get there for cheap. If we really think, he always have AA or KK, I guess, we can fold. But otherwise I prefer to just accept my fate, if he happen to have one of the two only hands, that beat me. Its not a great spot, but to me jamming is better than calling, and its a 55c tournament. If I lose, I just play another one, and its no big deal :)

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If we shoved, we risk 2140 to win 3100 in case he calls. If he folds, we win 960.

It’s0,55$ buy in, people do silly things in this micro tournaments. All in with QQ preflop is must do here. If they have AA or KK so be it, AK we flipping. So probably we win more time, than we lose. And still we can hit that Q . If we lose, just click on another 0,55 and play

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s0,55$ buy in, people do silly things in this micro tournaments. All in with QQ preflop is must do here. If they have AA or KK so be it, AK we flipping. So probably we win more time, than we lose. And still we can hit that Q . If we lose, just click on another 0,55 and play

I do agree with that at micro tourneys people will have funky hands that we wouldn’t anticipate.our equity against KK+, AK is 32%.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing is, if we call, we are going broke to his AA and KK anyway on low flops like this, we are not deep enough to setmine, and we give his AK as well as anything, he is goofing around with, a chance to get there for cheap. If we really think, he always have AA or KK, I guess, we can fold. But otherwise I prefer to just accept my fate, if he happen to have one of the two only hands, that beat me. Its not a great spot, but to me jamming is better than calling, and its a 55c tournament. If I lose, I just play another one, and its no big deal :)

Excellent explanation here from Fundiver! :)

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips

Ignore anyone who said shove preflop, they have no idea what they are talking about.

Last edited:
liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips

We call with QQ not because we want to setmine, but because we have enough equity against villain's range. This is not 2009.

Villain doesn't have only AA and KK, we can not fold. By shoving we are forcing villain to fold all underpairs and all bluffs and we are forcing him to call with AA, KK and AK. Do you think it is a good idea to force villain fold all hands weaker than our hand?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think it is a good idea to force villain fold all hands weaker than our hand?

When these hands usually have 30% equity, and we are out of position, then I think, it is fine, if they fold.

Poker Tells