puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think it's the correct fold as played. You didn't re-raise his 3bet preflop so you have limited info except for the expected EP range. On flop villain reps some Ax but no way to tell hand strength if you don't apply any pressure by calling the Cbet. Same applies for turn. River shove suggests a cheaply mined set, 2 pair, maybe even AK and he sees you as a calling station. It's a fold because you know nothing and you have top pair with 2nd best kicker.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it's a good fold. I'm probably calling in a 55 center but watching it we really aren't beating much imo. Complete airballs and a few spade combos is about it.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
You should 3bet preflop and go broke with AQ here, because you have less than 30bb. You can just 3bet shove.

On the flop, villain is c-betting 100% of his range, because this flop suits his range more than your range. Call is good, but the problem with call is that, most of his range that bets on the flop and gives you value will not bet on the turn. As example, kings will bet the flop, because he should bet 100%, but will check on the turn. Anyway, what I'm trying to say, you won't get much benefit by slowplaying your hand and just calling. I would just shove on the flop. Shove on the turn for same reasoning. And call on the river, because it is very top of your range. if you fold AQ here, your fold on the river would be close to 90%, you don't want that right?

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think AQo is too good to play call call ...opponent leads flop 70% and 35% turn , river allin...it is good to know how he played before cause here he has nuts as well as bluffs ...The line he plays looks very strong...anyway I think AQ is strong enough to call flop and raise turn in 0.55 tourney.But mostly it depends on the image of opponent.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most, I'm definitely just calling preflop...but I think I'm raising either the flop or turn. It's possible he had QQ or KK and thought he was betting for value...figuring you didn't raise and just called so you couldn't possibly have an ace. That's not a correct line of thinking, just what I'd expect in a 55 cent game.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reads

Thank you for sharing.

In order to more effectively range our opponents we have to use any information about our opponents we can gather. We make notes on aggression level, on risk level, on betting patterns and table position opening frequency. We makes notes on skill level by noticing when our opponents adjust their play to specific opponents or don't. We take actions which helps us with our reads. 3 betting preflop for instance.

Why? This type of spot is the reason we cannot use a cold read. There is no best answer to, should you call river? Based on the information we have.

:)

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You had to call the river. Look at the pot odds and his range.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for sharing.

In order to more effectively range our opponents we have to use any information about our opponents we can gather. We make notes on aggression level, on risk level, on betting patterns and table position opening frequency. We makes notes on skill level by noticing when our opponents adjust their play to specific opponents or don't. We take actions which helps us with our reads. 3 betting preflop for instance.

Why? This type of spot is the reason we cannot use a cold read. There is no best answer to, should you call river? Based on the information we have.

:)

I'm not only capable of that xDDDD

Attachments

• Безымянный2.jpg
    Безымянный2.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 15
SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's the correct fold as played. You didn't re-raise his 3bet preflop so you have limited info except for the expected EP range. On flop villain reps some Ax but no way to tell hand strength if you don't apply any pressure by calling the Cbet. Same applies for turn. River shove suggests a cheaply mined set, 2 pair, maybe even AK and he sees you as a calling station. It's a fold because you know nothing and you have top pair with 2nd best kicker.

No))) It`s a fold because i exactly knows that my hand is worst than him.:D:D:D

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should 3bet preflop and go broke with AQ here, because you have less than 30bb. You can just 3bet shove.

On the flop, villain is c-betting 100% of his range, because this flop suits his range more than your range. Call is good, but the problem with call is that, most of his range that bets on the flop and gives you value will not bet on the turn. As example, kings will bet the flop, because he should bet 100%, but will check on the turn. Anyway, what I'm trying to say, you won't get much benefit by slowplaying your hand and just calling. I would just shove on the flop. Shove on the turn for same reasoning. And call on the river, because it is very top of your range. if you fold AQ here, your fold on the river would be close to 90%, you don't want that right?

1. I'm in position.
2. I'm much better at poker.
3. My stack less than him.
That's all the reasons I always play call in this situations ;)

I always want to fold when my hand was beaten.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think AQo is too good to play call call ...opponent leads flop 70% and 35% turn , river allin...it is good to know how he played before cause here he has nuts as well as bluffs ...The line he plays looks very strong...anyway I think AQ is strong enough to call flop and raise turn in 0.55 tourney.But mostly it depends on the image of opponent.

What kind of bluff could you think of for him here?))))

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you were going to fold this hand to his all-in, why not fold earlier?
Another thing...why not donk bet here? If you did, and he raised or called, it is likely he has an AX or better. As played you don't know if you folded to KK or QQ. His play could have assumend you didn't have an A.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had to call the river. Look at the pot odds and his range.

I saw xDDD. 28% to call. His range had 8% bluffs. Call was worst moves here. You must play raise or fold here:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you were going to fold this hand to his all-in, why not fold earlier?
Another thing...why not donk bet here? If you did, and he raised or called, it is likely he has an AX or better. As played you don't know if you folded to KK or QQ. His play could have assumend you didn't have an A.

None of the most stupid idiot will not play with QQ or KK same line. Do not feed yourself with illusions. Cmon guys, include the brains XD

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really tough hand. I think you made a good fold on the river. At that point you are only splitting the pot at best unless they were bluffing. It's hard to imagine what they would bluff with besides KK and QQ. Mostly they are going to have AA, AK, AQ, AJ, JJ, maybe they hit a set of nines by the river. It's a good fold.

I am wondering though, if you were already considering calling the flop and turn, would it possibly have been appropriate to re-raise the flop or even 3-bet preflop? Maybe that would define the hand more. I'm not sure, so this is more of a question for both of us to consider. The turn bet had a value bet feel to me, so maybe that is an opportunity to fold also. Still, the River fold was a good idea and kept you in the tournament.

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi:)

Firstly i think it was a good fold. But i would play different that hand. Actually we don't know which type of player he is. So i think critisizing is not totally correct here. But according to his stack size, he could also have aj-at-kj-kq-qj and low pocket pairs in his range. So i would 3bet on him and shove the turn to get info and protection of a double pair or a set in river. Because he did not increase much his betsizing between flop and turn.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw xDDD. 28% to call. His range had 8% bluffs. Call was worst moves here. You must play raise or fold here:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

Yet you called flop and turn just to fold river when all draws missed :D:D:D:D:D

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm definitely calling river and probably getting it in on the turn when he sizes down like he did. I do not like the fold at all.

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have played this hand more aggressively raising after the flop and turn cards. There is no possible straight or flush here so calling all in is good with your hand strength. I see this one as a play you have to make, works well over the long run. Tight passive play should be avoided.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands