$0.55 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked Turbo Rebuy: Fold or Call 01 Turbo10?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daily Turbo10
0.55 buyin on ACR

This is a fast paced event that requires a LAG approach to min-cash and a LAG+luck approach to final table. The blind structure is quite fast - not 100% sure but I think it is 12 levels of 5 minute blinds before late registration closes.
A lot of allin preflop action throughout - but this aggressive action is amplified pre-money bubble, directly post-money bubble, pre-FT and FT the game play is mostly all-in preflop.
So - kind of normal. :)

10k starting stack

I doubled up early and have won several late position hands.

Currently sitting at about 29k in chips.
Chip average is approximately 17k.
Roughly 50% of the way through late registration.

I 2.5x open (my standard open for ALL hands) from UTG+2 with pocket 33s.
Current blind level is 400/800 (approximately)

3bet comes from CO 4x my open. CO has roughly 24k stack size.
SB shoves. SB has me covered by about 3k in chips.
CO is loose passive. Bets strong - and completely shuts down if missing the board.
SB tendencies are LAG but sporadic - He shoves often, although in this event - that is not uncommon. And the notes I have on him are condensed from playing micro events and freerolls.

I think this is a pretty easy fold - even considering this particular event requires and promotes very aggressive play and the reads I have on the players.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes its a very easy fold. A small pair is always either a 4:1 dog or a coinflip. So there is literally no upside to ever calling an all-in, unless you get an absurdly good price, which is clearly not the case here. I just got eliminated from two turbo 45 man SnGs on Stars by people making these kind of calls. They got lucky and won the coinflips, but its still extremely poor play, and you will not be a long term winning player, if you are unable to fold a small pair preflop.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a fold here in fact from early position I don't think a fold here is out of the question your only going to flop a set a small amount of the time and OOP a small pocket pair is going to be hard to navigate post flop

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I missed the fact, CO did not go all in. Still he bet a third of his stack, so you can never call with 33 out of position and then fold after the flop with only a pot sized bet left. Therefore you need to consider this an effective shove and fold.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys - yes I only slightly second guess myself here because of the tourney format - players seem above average more aggressive in this one particular event, and the flop spiked a 3. LOL
I'm not really that guy to rely on luck so - it was a pretty easy decision.

I often fold here pre but thought I might be able to get in for cheap to see a flop - obviously not. :)

I ended up folding and making it into the money. Loosing, closing in on final table holding KK with A/Q shoved on me - missed the board and A/Q hit two pair.
Nothing to do in that spot but what I did.

Folding in Poker