$0.55 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked Turbo: should I go for full value and bet 3 streets?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am really a nit player and I would had played it with pot control line like you did!
I don't know if I had flatted there or 3bet the spot like you did [AJs is not one of my favorite hands to 3 bet in early position that's why] but If I 3 bet it maybe I would hhad raised it a little bigger because it's early position , so something at least 3.5x here.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me the raise preflop was ok, altough I also do not like such a hand in early position and especially, because the blinds where very low. I even fold such a hand from time to time, when I know, that there are many loose players behind to act.
But I think, your C-Bet on flop was pretty low by bet sizing. I would have bet more probably, because you gave the drawers too many good chances. Either for straight or a flush. And I would not like to have 2 people in pot drawing with me. And yeah, this AJ is often very vulnerable in my opinion..

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like to raise hands like yours preflop as well but against a UTG player I might have just called this time. Once you hit the top pair I agree with betting out on the flop but your bet was way to small in my opinion. It really allows other to come along and draw cheaply. On the turn i like how you player it. On the river i would not have bet out but would have gone in check call mode, The UTG player should have a tighter range and we are loosing to AK or AQ and any set he has. I would not expect A10 here so if they have an ace we maybe beat,