$0.55 NLHE MTT Bounty Turbo: ITS a trap?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is another hand, where you are being results oriented. If he had flipped over KJ, or you had rivered a flush, you would not even have worried about this hand. The only thing, you could have done different, was to get it in faster by 3-betting preflop or jamming the flop, but the way, you played the hand, was completely fine.

vskots150

vskots150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is another hand, where you are being results oriented. If he had flipped over KJ, or you had rivered a flush, you would not even have worried about this hand. The only thing, you could have done different, was to get it in faster by 3-betting preflop or jamming the flop, but the way, you played the hand, was completely fine.

Of course I focus on the result, but I want this to bring me money at a distance. It often happens that when at the most necessary moments, you think that you are ahead or you are really ahead but they are moving you. And when they move me when I make the right choice it certainly hurts me. But I want to reduce my mistakes in order to understand exactly my game and avoid losses through my own fault

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I focus on the result, but I want this to bring me money at a distance. It often happens that when at the most necessary moments, you think that you are ahead or you are really ahead but they are moving you. And when they move me when I make the right choice it certainly hurts me. But I want to reduce my mistakes in order to understand exactly my game and avoid losses through my own fault

Just ask yourself this question: If you are CO with JJ, and he is BTN with AJs, do you think, there is any scenario, where he gets away? Of course not. And then it does not matter, because sooner or later you will have top set, and he or someone else will have TPTK, and all the chips will also go in, I know, I sound like a bitch now, but I am really just trying to help, because I see this in so many of the hands, you post :)

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just ask yourself this question: If you are CO with JJ, and he is BTN with AJs, do you think, there is any scenario, where he gets away? Of course not. And then it does not matter, because sooner or later you will have top set, and he or someone else will have TPTK, and all the chips will also go in, I know, I sound like a bitch now, but I am really just trying to help, because I see this in so many of the hands, you post :)

Yeah you both got a point. I think he understands not to be results oriented, but he posts the hands because he wants to know if he also made a mistake somewhere.

But to OP: I think fundiver is trying to tell you that it may be more valuable to also post hands that you won and question your line. Question every decision, regardless of the result.

Having said that though, just jam pre :D

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324x390KO

What do you think ? Does it specifically distribute the PS like this, or should I have thrown it all in?

Thank you for your post. In my opinion you played it well and this play was profitable in the long run. This is one of the few times where top pair top kicker w/Nut Flush draw is behind. In the moment even if we put him on a set it would not have been Jack's because of card removal and regardless you had 9 outs at least on the river if he did have a two pair or better hand. Good play. Tough spot that didn't go your way. Good luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played the hand well for the most part but not focusing on the end result and playing the hand like we would in real time (ie not knowing what our opponent has) I would give consideration to raising his flop bet. There is a flush draw plus two of the three overcards could hit and not make us happy. The effective SPR (stack to pot ratio) on the flop of this hand was about 2 so with top pair and top kicker I think we are committed. I am not saying I would raise it but I would consider it in those spots. Either way I dont think I would ever be folding and would feel better based on the aforementioned flush draw and K or Q overcards to just get it in now. Yes, it does get him off the hook if he has nothing but if he has nothing he will probably be check folding the turn anyway.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, jamming the flop is a slightly better line. There are a number of turn cards, which are not completely fun for us to see, and they could kill our action. The advantage of just calling is, that it allow him to bluff the turn. But in a spot like this, where there is only a pot sized bet left, a low of people will not fire another barrel. They will just check-fold, if they still have nothing on the turn, and then we are basically just giving him a free card to draw out on us.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had re-steal stack. Next time just push preflop. Its just a cooler. Dont worry its a poker.

Jessica1507

Jessica1507

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
There's nothing to do I would play the same way.