$0.55 NLHE MTT Bounty: Early game bounty builder AK OOP

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop: Looks good, can go bigger pre to like 1400-1500. Being OOP and in a bounty builder it is better to go larger.

Flop: Cbet! Pretty dry flop, i like 30-40% here. You want to keep controll of the action here, lots of good cards for us to barrel on.

Turn: I like the bet, and like calling their tiny raise.

Riv: looks good

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop: Looks good, can go bigger pre to like 1400-1500. Being OOP and in a bounty builder it is better to go larger.

Flop: Cbet! Pretty dry flop, i like 30-40% here. You want to keep controll of the action here, lots of good cards for us to barrel on.

Turn: I like the bet, and like calling their tiny raise.

Riv: looks good

Hey Ryan. Thanks for your reply. I think a cbet would have been in place here indeed, although the flop did not seem that dry to me. Maybe I should study board textures a bit more.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Ryan. Thanks for your reply. I think a cbet would have been in place here indeed, although the flop did not seem that dry to me. Maybe I should study board textures a bit more.
Agreed!

Understanding board textures in abosulte and relative terms is very very important!

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

My instinct said to go reraise all-in preflop. I definitely prefer a larger raise. Is there an argument for the all-in, or is it committing too much with the current stack size for the hero?

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
preflop is fine, you are quite shallow, so no need to go deeper.

flop is fine too. You don't need to go 100% cbet, and your hand is actually has some showdown value, overcards and some runner-runners, not necessary to turn it into a bluff.

i have problem with turn bet, what is logic, what you represent? QQ? trips? It doesn't make any sense. Check again, you checked on the flop, why bluff now?

As played, river is fold obviously.

Top 10 Games