$0.55 NLHE MTT: Bad play with AKo?

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. Villain is pretty passive guy, but the sample size is for 11hands, so it might mean nothing.
Flop: Planned to check-shove the flop if he bets, but thinking about it now and him being passive, it was a bad move. Should I bet the flop with gutshot and overs? If he calls we give up on turn if we don't improve?
Turn: Picked up FD on turn. Betting seems OK to me, but don't know about sizing. What do you think?
River: River is a complete mess for me. Idk it's for value or bluff. No thoughts on that. Shove was bad? How to play correctly this hand?
Also, what about open-shoving with 20-25bb with AKo since people call a lot open-raises?

poker stars, $0.49 Buy-in (1,500/3,000 blinds, 375 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 204,507 (68.2 bb)
BB: 208,947 (69.6 bb)
UTG+1: 32,350 (10.8 bb)
Hero (UTG+2): 70,853 (23.6 bb)
MP1: 74,796 (24.9 bb)
MP2: 139,020 (46.3 bb)
MP3: 13,961 (4.7 bb)
CO: 224,409 (74.8 bb)
BTN: 108,291 (36.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A
club4.gif
K
diamond4.gif

UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to 7,000, MP1 folds, MP2 calls 7,000, 5 folds

Flop: (21,875) T
diamond4.gif
spade4.gif
Q
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 checks

Turn: (21,875) 3
diamond4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets 9,875, MP2 calls 9,875

River: (41,625) K
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets 53,603 and is all-in, MP2 calls 53,603

Results: 148,831 pot
Final Board: T
diamond4.gif
spade4.gif
Q
diamond4.gif
diamond4.gif
K
club4.gif

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
river is a check for me, shoving there seems really spewy. calling half pot probly good, but idk if im calling bigger bet

T

thanasis885

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would prefer to bet on flop 10K to have the power of betting and to see if my opponent has pair or set on flop. In addition, the flop gives many odds for straight or flush for the opponent, I had to bet on flop for sure to take the hand before showdown.

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have played an even stronger bet before the flop. with this card hand must be resolved before the flop.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have played an even stronger bet before the flop. with this card hand must be resolved before the flop.
You mean opening 3x or more?

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd love to hear more opinions about this hand.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop is fine. Don't be one of those whales who open 3x with QQ-AA and AK. You should have same opening sizing for whole range.

On the flop checking is fine, betting is fine too. If you had backdoor flush draw then I lean towards betting, but checking is not mistake too.

I don't like your bet on the turn. Is is extremely poor bluff, because nothing better than your hand will fold. Even A3 won't fold. Checking has one more additional benefit is that you have a chance to get one free card to flush.

As played, on the river it's time to slow down. You have a top pair on a very wet board. Villain can have all sorts of sets and straights. You should play check fold here.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop is fine. Don't be one of those whales who open 3x with QQ-AA and AK. You should have same opening sizing for whole range.

On the flop checking is fine, betting is fine too. If you had backdoor flush draw then I lean towards betting, but checking is not mistake too.

I don't like your bet on the turn. Is is extremely poor bluff, because nothing better than your hand will fold. Even A3 won't fold. Checking has one more additional benefit is that you have a chance to get one free card to flush.

As played, on the river it's time to slow down. You have a top pair on a very wet board. Villain can have all sorts of sets and straights. You should play check fold here.
It seems WAY too tight for me. Feels like your saying that we shouldn't bet, unless we have the complete nuts. We picked up the good FD along with 2 overs and gutshot and still we should check it? I'm a kinda passive player, but it seems way too passive even for me.