$0.55 NLHE MTT: $0,55 NLHE MTT: call or fold?

C

chakalaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, $0.49 + $0.06 - Hold'em No Limit - 100/200 (18 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 30,149 (151 bb)
UTG+1: 18,416 (92 bb)
MP: 2,683 (13 bb)
MP+1: 4,982 (25 bb)
LP (Hero): 9,587 (48 bb)
CO: 8,976 (45 bb)
BU: 12,569 (63 bb)
SB: 9,722 (49 bb)
BB: 11,977 (60 bb)

Pre-Flop: (462) Hero is LP with 7 7
2 players fold, MP raises to 2,665 (all-in), 1 fold, Hero calls 2,665, 2 players fold, SB 3-bets to 9,704 (all-in), 1 fold, LP (Hero) folds

Yo, yo!

What do you do in this spot? Vs shove from EP we have easy call with 77 I think. I remember I was thinking about reshove, but I lot of stacks cover me, so I decided just call and fold for push. What do you prefer here? Maybe fold or jam?

Thanks! :)

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you post your hand like this on cardschat replay?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would just fold, when the action first got to me. 77 is not in great shape against a reasonable MP jamming range for 13BB, and you have 4 players left to act behind you, who can wake up with a hand and force you to either fold or risk your entire stack. As played fold to the rejam is the correct decision. But the issue is, if you do that just 10-20% of the time, it cuts into the already questionable EV of making this call.

EnigmaTTO

EnigmaTTO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I agree with fundiver that I'd probably just fold here when it got to me. I feel like calling is gonna a pretty close to a flip when no one else get in and then there's the fact that there's still 4 people left to act means there's still a good amount of opportunity for what happened to you in this hand to happen. It's also not like you're deep stacked enough where it's no big deal to lose 13 bbs cause you had to fold since that's close to 1/3rd of your stack.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars, $0.49 + $0.06 - Hold'em No Limit - 100/200 (18 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 30,149 (151 bb)
UTG+1: 18,416 (92 bb)
MP: 2,683 (13 bb)
MP+1: 4,982 (25 bb)
LP (Hero): 9,587 (48 bb)
CO: 8,976 (45 bb)
BU: 12,569 (63 bb)
SB: 9,722 (49 bb)
BB: 11,977 (60 bb)

Pre-Flop: (462) Hero is LP with 7 7
2 players fold, MP raises to 2,665 (all-in), 1 fold, Hero calls 2,665, 2 players fold, SB 3-bets to 9,704 (all-in), 1 fold, LP (Hero) folds

Yo, yo!

What do you do in this spot? Vs shove from EP we have easy call with 77 I think. I remember I was thinking about reshove, but I lot of stacks cover me, so I decided just call and fold for push. What do you prefer here? Maybe fold or jam?

Thanks! :)

Thank U 4 Posting

The first thing we consider is the range of the V who opened.
Then we think about the likely hood of being squeezed.
We decide if shoving or calling is the most effective play
Then we think about who we call off versus (their range based) or fold to if we just call.
So was this Villain shoving 66-22 AK-A10 KQ KJ etc.

When we call the shove the pot is 21k so we are getting 3-1 on the call.

This is a great spot to use the free Equilab program to see if you are getting the correct odds versus different possible ranges.

You can also use the cardschat calculator and input possible hands such as AQ for open AK for re-shove you would have 40% equity

Or 55 AK u would have 42% etc

Equilab allows you to use ranges not just single hands so it is a more complex tool for this spot.

Hope this helps
:):)

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should decide before call preflop, do u want to play with 77 for all chips or not. If yes, you should repush after MP, if no, you should fold 77 preflop and didnt call mp, call is not good option here. And 77 is not good enough, and i prefer fold in this spot.

F

Fox12319

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should decide before call preflop, do u want to play with 77 for all chips or not. If yes, you should repush after MP, if no, you should fold 77 preflop and didnt call mp, call is not good option here. And 77 is not good enough, and i prefer fold in this spot.

I totally agree.
I would decide if I want to play - then i would go directly all-in or fold.

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I agree with most of the opinions above. Shove or fold, the call wasn't a good decision.
What happened? Who had what? Just curious.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not do it originally, but now I have plugged the hand into ICMizer. I dont know the exact tournament structure, but I told ICMizer it was a 450 man "big" with 190 players left. 80 places pay, so still quite far from the money, but more than half the field had already busted. I think, this is accurate enough, and ICMizer has Hero calling with 99+, AQ+, AJs.

However when Hero has called, the players behind are only supposed to overcall with QQ+, and this is just not going to happen in a sub one dollar MTT. Nobody in such an event are going to go "Know what, with all this action in front of me I am going to make a disciplined fold with my JJ or my AK". And if I edit their ranges slightly, so that they overcall with TT+, AK, then Hero can only make a profitable call with TT+, AK and AQs.

The point here is, that this is a situation, where there is just no reason for Hero to get involved. Hero has a solid 48BB stack, and such a stack can be put to use in many ways, which are way better than cold calling a 13BB jam with 4 deep stacked players left to act behind you. Even TT and AQs are so marginal in this spot, that folding is almost certainly the better play. Especially in soft fields, where you can find so many better spots later.

The key point here are the players behind. If I move Hero to big blind seat, and it folds around to him after the 13BB jam, then ICMizer has Hero calling with a much wider range of 55+, AT+, A8s+, KQs. So in that situation 77 would actually be a default call although still a fairly marginal one.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each of us will learn from our mistakes. I think you've learned that it's not worth risking a part of your stack being in this position when there are a lot of players behind you. Pocket sevens are good for calling when you are in the blinds.
I call with very high pairs in such cases.:icon_sant

Folding in Poker