$0.50 NLHE MTT Turbo: KK draw

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
God that's grose haha.

Can't really comment on the spot in general, SB shouldn't have much of a flatting range here. But main point to takeaway would be your preflop sizing. In position we want to be 3betting 3x in general on these stacks (unless V is a massive fish who literally calls any two then take any size you want).

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These spots are tricky no doubt. I would not have raised 5x pre flop but recommend 3-3.5x the initial raise. On the flop, I dont like the check back. I know you are scared of the Ax for good reason but I still think you need to bet there as even if you are beat you may get him to check to you on later streets and therefore you can pot control easier. As played on the turn I would not just call that bet, I would raise (something around 3X) for two reasons. You would find out if your opponent has an Ace or a Queen but as mentioned before, they might try to trap you and just call your raise. Then they would have a high frequency of checking to you on the river hoping they could check raise where you could then just check behind and get to showdown. If you raise the turn and villain re-raises then it is an easy fold and you know you were beat.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty much what the others said already. If you raise smaller preflop, the SPR will be deeper, and its a little easier to get away postflop without feeling completely owned. As played the fact, you also lose to a Q, does make it more of a fold. I mean: What can he even have here, that you beat? AX got there, KQ got there, QQ got there. Not much left, that a normal player would cold call a 3-bet with, other than maybe 99-JJ turned into a bluff.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A really terrible board for your hand, and I think as played, your river fold is good.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 3bet is waaaaay too big here...you may as well flip your hand face up by betting this big and checking back that flop. With an SPR of about 1:1 I am just going with KKs on this flop...our bet sizing preflop put us in this spot and I am not willing to give it up.

Now, if we had used a more sensible sizing like 280-300 - then we can navigate this board like we did, essentially we have a bluff catcher with our KKs here and are trying to get to showdown cheaply. Facing an all in on the river is certainly not optimal and we beat nothing but pure bluffs.

N

nyeesssss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in that spot you'll have a lot of Ax and then you can be in a somewhat tough spot but kk you can fold easy. good fold

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In your example, the ace is more likely the problem than the advantage. But let's get it in order. What does your overbet mean? Do you want to scare everyone and pick up the chips of the original raiser? Then all-in. If this is not a club of maniacs, then I can’t understand with what hand a MB player could call. With a pair of queens, kings and aces, he owes 3bet you, which means to go all-in. I would drop the jacks and lower. AQ and AK are also not enough, but considering the status of the tournament, maybe ?! Ace king suited is not bad for preflop call but obviously not enough for all-in, given the cards on the board. Remains AQ. Not entirely accurate actions of the villain gave him a full house after the flop. Naturally a check giving way to an aggressive re-raiser. You didn’t react, so a small raise after the turn to get some chips and an absurd all-in in the hope that you will go all the way, reckoning on a bluff. It is easy to reason with the cards laid out, if you managed to do it at the table you are a great job except for the overbet.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/124wMWz9p

Your thoughts are friends on the subject of QC when the flop has A and a very dangerous board. Is it worth the call?

Thank you for posting. Tough spot when the ace comes. I am unsure of why your opponent only bets 90 on the turn. I would have raised it up to 400 and if he jammed I would fold. It seems he was feeling you out to see if you were playing on your heels. But you did well in my opinion. It's as bad a flop for Kings as possible. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool: