$0.50 NLHE MTT Turbo: 6-handed. UTG SHOVE. Call from MP?

B

Blue Humour

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$0.50 45 Man Turbo

Blinds 100/200 +25

CO: t2770 M = 6.16
BTN: t8825 M = 19.61
SB: t3025 M = 6.72
BB: t970 M = 2.16
UTG: t2965 M = 6.59
Hero (MP): t2340 M = 5.20

Pre Flop: (t450) Hero is MP with :jh4: :ac4:
UTG raises to t400, Hero raises to t2315 all in

-------------------------------------------

My experience with small UTG raises at this level, late on, is MOST of the time, players are weak.

At the time, I was multi-tabling, so I was making a lot of assumptions based on 'the standard' at this level, so unfortunately no specific information available.

I'm not sure if this was correct, basically... However, all I can fault is my position. If I was on or after the CO, I think this would've been fine. Again, I'm not sure. Wisdom, anyone?! :confused:

Loonbat

Loonbat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6-max with your stack size, I like it. Unless you have info that makes you believe UTG is nitty or ICM is a prime consideration, I don't even hesitate shoving here.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the table. If you're not seeing a lot of flops and people aren't defending a lot, I still prefer to wait and steal blinds with 2.5x raises pre, and call these shoves with AJo from later position. If he's raising a table where people are usually defending I like calling a little better, since he may be shoving a little more speculatively. But it's still 10+ bbs, and you're not beating and barely racing against a lot of value hands.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands