italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand on replayerhttps://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524MSuRpq

Early game on the 45p sng with blinds 25/50 I face a mini-raise to 100 from the MP, I'm in the BTN holding :kh4::qd4:, could 3bet here but I choose to just call and see a flop in position rather than making him fold/shove or sb/bb flating because they do that very often, SB pays too and BB folds

Flop is :kd4::2c4::7c4: SB and MP checks, I bet a little more than 1/3 pot SB calls and MP folds

Pot is now 698 chips, SB has 2746 I have the effective stack 1502

Turn is :kd4::2c4::7c4::2h4: SB checks again and I go for another bet around 1/3 looking for extracting value from clubs, worst K, 7's or any worst pair. I don't think he was any 2, 77 nor AK/AA what size is good here? What do you think he could pay?

He calls and the river comes :kd4::2c4::7c4::2h4: :3d4: he checks again and I just check behind, I dont think that makes sense from what I've said in the turn but if I put him on a flush draw he wouldn't pay the river bet and I didn't wanted to get check raised since I dont often see people bluff in these sit and gos but I do see a lot of slow plays

We go for showdown he opens :8c4::8h4:

What do you think of the sizes and the call pre-flop? Should I bet the river? if so what size do you think he can call on the river?

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PREFLOP:
I like the call preflop. I'm happy to get in a multiway pot with something that flops well like KQ, and especially in position.

FLOP:
I like the size you bet here. I'd want any flush draw to have to pay to draw out. If it was a rainbow suited K27 I like the check because betting wont get many worse hands to call

Turn:
Same as the flop in theory. It is possible he has a 2 so I'd be weary of that

River:
He's looking pretty weak at this point, and since the flush didn't materialize I'd try to extract a bit more value here. Flop and turn calls suggest he may be willing to call a similar type of river bet.

Overall I think you played it pretty well!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I can go either way here and 3-bet or call, depending on what reads I have on the opponent.

Flop
Definitely want to bet for value, when the preflop aggressor check and give up his betting lead. With a flushdraw on board I prefer a somewhat larger sizing like half pot. These very small bet sizes might be, what a solver comes up with. But you are playing the micros, and most of your opponents will tend to make massive calling mistakes. So simple bet bigger and get more value.

Turn
Kind of the same story. You started with 30´ish big blind, and then my plan with top pair second kicker would definitely be to play for stacks. So you need to think ahead and set it up for an easy river jam.

River
Its way to conservative to check back. Sure he is not calling with a busted flushdraw, but you still beat the vast majority of his made hands as well. If you think about, how this hand played out, what can he even have, that beat you here? He should never have a 2 in his hand calling from SB, and K7 is way to loose as well. 33 is possible from the preflop action but should not make it to the river. On the other side AA, KK or AK should 3-bet pre. So its pretty much 77 and 22 exactly, which is a whopping 4 combos. Which he would then also need to have slowplayed on the flop. So you are way ahead of his range here, and checking back is just letting him off the hook.

Conclusion
You definitely undervalued your hand and missed out on a lot of value as a result. Here is an example of a somewhat similar hand, that I played today in a 4,5$ 36-180 man SnG on Stars. I simply went for it on the river, even though some straightdraws had come in. And look what he called with! People love to make big hero calls, and you need to give them a chance to do so.

CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FLOP:
I like the size you bet here. I'd want any flush draw to have to pay to draw out. If it was a rainbow suited K27 I like the check because betting wont get many worse hands to call

Great! I dont mind checking in this case but I think I would bet if this was rainbow too, there's a lot of calling stations in these sit and gos even if they didn't have a good hand to call I could bet at least the flop

River:
He's looking pretty weak at this point, and since the flush didn't materialize I'd try to extract a bit more value here. Flop and turn calls suggest he may be willing to call a similar type of river bet.

Overall I think you played it pretty well!

Yeahh, you're right at least 300-400 chips he would have called, I felt so stupid checkig there lol. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Preflop

Flop
Definitely want to bet for value, when the preflop aggressor check and give up his betting lead. With a flushdraw on board I prefer a somewhat larger sizing like half pot. These very small bet sizes might be, what a solver comes up with. But you are playing the micros, and most of your opponents will tend to make massive calling mistakes. So simple bet bigger and get more value.

YES, THE EXPLOIT THING!

Must if not all villains would call a larger bet in these hands, I was betting 1/3 every c-bet or bet flop everytime but in the early game is hard to win big pots doing this. In this hand I remember thinking that a 1/3 pot bet size could bring both players to pay but betting bigger is certainly a better option.

Kind of the same story. You started with 30´ish big blind, and then my plan with top pair second kicker would definitely be to play for stacks. So you need to think ahead and set it up for an easy river jam.

River
Its way to conservative to check back. Sure he is not calling with a busted flushdraw, but you still beat the vast majority of his made hands as well. If you think about, how this hand played out, what can he even have, that beat you here? He should never have a 2 in his hand calling from SB, and K7 is way to loose as well. 33 is possible from the preflop action but should not make it to the river. On the other side AA, KK or AK should 3-bet pre. So its pretty much 77 and 22 exactly, which is a whopping 4 combos. Which he would then also need to have slowplayed on the flop. So you are way ahead of his range here, and checking back is just letting him off the hook.

Conclusion
You definitely undervalued your hand and missed out on a lot of value as a result. Here is an example of a somewhat similar hand, that I played today in a 4,5$ 36-180 man SnG on Stars. I simply went for it on the river, even though some straightdraws had come in. And look what he called with! People love to make big hero calls, and you need to give them a chance to do so.

CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

Can't say how much I appreciate your answer, thank you! Really clarifying and made me re-think this hand and how I have been playing this kind of spot so far. Against players I know are calling stations my sizes would be bigger, I hesitated for not knowing him but now i'm gonna make this my standard action :D

A lot of great advice for the micros too!

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars