$0.50 NLHE MTT: JJ fold

vskots150

vskots150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424wPTtsB

In general, two players are inadequate, they enter each distribution on everything in a row and easily put all in on their entire stack. I thought it was a trap when they gave me JJ, usually it happens with JJ. I do not really like this hand, but maybe it's prejudice and it is worth playing this hand in such a situation?

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not be prejudiced against any two cards as these things are not pre-determined. I assume I will get some disagreement from others when they post on this thread but I dont mind the fold here at all. It's what I would have done if I was playing in this spot. The reason is we are just starting the tournament based on the blinds and you have a huge raise behind then another huge raise on top of that. There is a decent chance you are going against an over pair or a situation where one player has AK and the other has some Qx. I think this early and this deep there is no reason to gamble and shove it in there. At best you are probably going against two over cards which is still not that great. If you were shorter stacked then I would be writing a different tune but with this depth, I am clicking the fold button.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your 3-bet is to small, but folding JJ to that action behind is ok without reads. Unless the players in the blinds are really bad, you are going to be against QQ+, AK most of the time, and then JJ does not have enough equity. As is said again and again: Dont be results oriented. Both opponents showing up with AK blocking each others outs is the absolute best case scenario for you and does not mean, folding was wrong. You are not Mike Postle, who knew his opponents cards and could therefore call with 65 offsuit in a similar spot.

Z

zuker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all 3bet more, somethink like 200 will be OK.
Calling push and call of push early in tournament not good idea with JJ.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your 3-bet is to small, but folding JJ to that action behind is ok without reads. Unless the players in the blinds are really bad, you are going to be against QQ+, AK most of the time, and then JJ does not have enough equity. As is said again and again: Dont be results oriented. Both opponents showing up with AK blocking each others outs is the absolute best case scenario for you and does not mean, folding was wrong. You are not Mike Postle, who knew his opponents cards and could therefore call with 65 offsuit in a similar spot.

This is a great response. Again we are STILL being results oriented after me (and others) telling you this in about 264583 other hands! LoL - if an A or a K had come you wouldve felt good about your fold and never even posted this hand!! Stop worrying about the end result, having the ability to fold JJs here is a great thing - not many 50c players are that disciplined. With the action behind us after our 3bet - I think folding JJs is just fine - I think AQ and AK are the bottom of those ranges 4betting and then 5bet jamming. We are flipping with those at best and CRUSHED by the other pair combos.

N

nyeesssss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for 100bb , very good fold. You can analyze you hand in equilab , JJ vs the jammers range (lets say its AK,JJ+) you dont even have 40%.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424wPTtsB

In general, two players are inadequate, they enter each distribution on everything in a row and easily put all in on their entire stack. I thought it was a trap when they gave me JJ, usually it happens with JJ. I do not really like this hand, but maybe it's prejudice and it is worth playing this hand in such a situation?

Thanks for posting. With the chip stacks as they were I would have folded as well. After the BB goes all in I'd assume one of them had AA KK or QQ and I would have Laid it down. I understand your thoughts on Jack's any ace, king, or queen will put opponent ahead and those aren't very good odds at this point in the tournament.

Good Luck To All:cool:

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand was early in the tournament. I know at this stage of the tournament it is advisable to call with QQ KK AA AK to raise all-in. I think you made the right decision, I would have dropped it too !

Folding in Poker