$0.50 NLHE MTT: AA raffle

vskots150

vskots150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424xuBHHp

Yes, this distribution is again focused on the result. This is for those who write it to me again. Tell me how much should I bet at the beginning of the tournament so that they throw out their garbage? 6 bb is not enough. At the beginning of the tournament, I see only one way to play such hands is to put all in. I'm right?

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QTo is not garbage it's a mandatory defend in the BB. however vs your crazy 6x open it was a fold due to the fact that its 40bb effective and the BB wont realize his equity very often which make it a slightly bad call but that was the only small mistake the BB made. At 40bb depth the open raise size should be 2bb or 2.2bb . And if I were in your shoes I would open to 2x and cbet range using 30% sizing and flat vs the BB's XR, call turn and get away on the river due to his two pair heavy check raising range on flop. you cant open shove more than 40bb it's just a really terrible play.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. If you immediately put allin on preflop, then you will see only KK+, sometimes QQ and AK. If you will play raise/re-raise/push, then you will also see hands likes 88+, ATs+, AJo+ and then you have 80-85% equity

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You dont want him to fold QT before the flop. You want him to call, so that you get value from your hand. In cash games AA typically win at around 1.100-1.200 BB / 100, so just picking up the blinds and antes is not a good result, since then you only win at 150 BB / 100 + the antes.

You are very results oriented here, because while QT will occationally move ahead on a flop like this, it is way more common, that it catches up and then pay off. On boards like Q94, T22 or KJ7 you can get paid by QT. And other times he miss and fold to your C-bet, which is also fine.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We should never be wanting to make bet sizing variations based on our relative hand strength. When w do this we may as well just turn our cards face up and give all the weaker hands good reason to fold.

I note players doing this all the time - it's a bad habit and is generally only getting called by relatively strong hands. Basically if we want to raise so big with AA that we fold out everything else - all the "garbage" hands - then we lose value. I want to win more than just the blinds and antes when I have Aces.

So big mistake here in raising up 6x - you're folding out way too much from your opponents with a sizing this big, showcasing hand strength with huge sizing annnnd you're losing value by pushing out hands that may call you along the way. For a 6x raise - personally - I would snap fold some stronger hands to this size whereas I would call a normal sized raise.

Going 3x when we are 100bb+ deep is fine, 2.5x when we are 45-100bb deep works well and then I generally go 2x or 2.1x when effective stacks are 39bb and less.

Anyhow, as played we went broke with aces on a flop where we definitely do not have the nuts. Our opponent is raising us with all of the two pair combos and straights and combo draws - none of which we are doing well against. Even most spazzy opponents here aren't piling in chips with just top pair so we are taking aces and running ourselves head on into value town. Just a bad spot.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424xuBHHp

Yes, this distribution is again focused on the result. This is for those who write it to me again. Tell me how much should I bet at the beginning of the tournament so that they throw out their garbage? 6 bb is not enough. At the beginning of the tournament, I see only one way to play such hands is to put all in. I'm right?

Thank you for your post. In this hand specifically I think you could raise bigger preflop since the blinds are so low. If you do that you will probly take the hand down preflop and won't make anything except 1.5 bb which isn't much. This is an unfortunate result. When villian reraises you after the flop it's hard to put him on a two pair hand. I hate folding aces and would have been committed as well. Tough break but in the long run you will definitely win more than you lose with the AA hand. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If QTo is a garbage, what isnt garbage? What the range do you want to see in call by opponent? I think you wanna take his stack with your AA? In most of cases he will get worst hand postflop. You played flop like a fish, so dont cry more.