Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls and small micro stakes like this .27 50gtd

We have some more than boring ways to play a hand
VILLIANS often play very "FUN" in the micros
we often find some people that play back hard at us
understanding the playback of opponents trying to put us back in line is "my ark"
Many Opponents will never naturally get themselves into these situations
unless provoked or on tilt

Would you call or fold in this spot?
would you ever get into this spot in the first place?
What would it take to provoke you?
What do you believe your range would be to play back?
how would you play back?

https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...0f0a60b9a275abee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9

I raise 3x bbs standard from the button with any 2
I don't change my size unless its up ,don't advice me on this

going for a nice steal or a heads up flop in position
flop comes garbage 348
He quick checks
I bet half pot on flop in position
which is my 100% c-bet size in this head up situation
and he shoves all(30bb) in for 3x the pot of 10BBs

I feel when people someone does this in this spot they want me to fold ( thinking that my range is A10+)
I also feel when someone is trying to outplay me using techniques to pick up dead pots

In this spot I insta called with a pair of 3s
SOMETIMES WE ARE RIGHT SOMETIMES WE ARE WRONG

I felt he was betting on the flop range against my constant aggression.
I didn't feel 99+ as he did not raise me preflop
I felt a2+ a6 67 j10
the only thing he might have in his from the SB limped random 2 cards is the 8,
and 50% of this scenario ..he would have lead out on the flop.

but what are the %'s that he is playing back at me now?
Have I induced a gear change in him properly
Is this villains new gear change conducive and indicative of loose tilt,
shoving all in with ace high? flush draw or check raising straight draw behavior?
odds that his range hit the flop of 348

If you get good at using a maniac play style against other maniacs in freerolls

skills will transfer to playing Great players and PROs specifically

small stakes-midstakes you will get into less of these positions to learn from because of the standardized strategy they have adopted in those stakes are more ABC advanced exploitative
they will fold and get to the next spot
the maniac or the Pro will playback for those spots
You will shut them down if you can figure out how to play back at a playback
practice by doing

What was my villian thinking??
well he probably saw my c-bet% of 100%+ with infinite aggro
and the fact I raised the last hand as well and the one before that
Plus its a micro-stakes almost a freeroll so he is not thinking about survival in his decision
If he knows me(AKQ)
or just has been on my table for awhile thinks he knows how i play (insane)
he has to wait for cards or step out his strategy and
it becomes a vendetta stop me
making him more apt to make the move
or there is an achievement for outplaying me out there I don't know about
It's fun to outplay your opponent
but when you can outplay an opponent
that is playing back at your play
NOW WE HAVE SOME POKER!!!

fyi
I lost the ACR MAIN EVENT 25k gtd FREEBUY (6x starting stack) with AA vs JJ preflop all in....j on the flop

b01adc6d289fe7ba937e7bfe4666a866.png
86486464d008db20bda7cdcf204f4fc5.png
4bcc5d33556542fce135f3b660d2707e.png

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
With stacks this short a 3BB raise is a bit large. I typically use 2,5BB. The issue with using such a large size is, you make it very profitable for people to rejam on you. In a penny tournament like this a lot of players wont do that nearly as often, as they should, so maybe you can get away with using these oversized raises. But if you move up to even something like 2,2-3,3$ MTTs, you will find more players, who understand rejam situations, and who will exploit you for this.

Flop
If you knew, that SB has a bit of a play machine, then I really dont like this C-bet with bottom pair no kicker. Its mostly a protection bet, which is only good against players, who are playing fit or fold and dont bluff. Getting yourself into this situation, where you end up playing for stacks with a hand this bad is not going to be long term profitable. If he has any made hands, you are toast, and even if he is bluffing you, he will have a reasonable amount of equity. Running into this particular hand was extremely favourable for you, since you shared the 5, so he only had 3 direct outs. And even then he still managed to get there.

The way to play this hand against an aggressive player is to check back flop, call a reasonable turn bet (you picked up a gutshot) and fold on the river. You say, that when he check-jam, it looks like, he wants you to fold. I agree with that, but the problem is, he has a lot of hands, that you lose to, that want you to fold, because he is out of position, and they are difficult to play. Even if he has something as strong as A8 for TPTK, he still wants you to either fold or put in the chips now, because turns and rivers are often going to bring overcards to his pair. So his range here is certainly not only hands, that are pure air, as you seem to assume.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
With stacks this short a 3BB raise is a bit large. I typically use 2,5BB. The issue with using such a large size is, you make it very profitable for people to rejam on you. In a penny tournament like this a lot of players wont do that nearly as often, as they should, so maybe you can get away with using these oversized raises. But if you move up to even something like 2,2-3,3$ MTTs, you will find more players, who understand rejam situations, and who will exploit you for this.

Flop
If you knew, that SB has a bit of a play machine, then I really dont like this C-bet with bottom pair no kicker. Its mostly a protection bet, which is only good against players, who are playing fit or fold and dont bluff. Getting yourself into this situation, where you end up playing for stacks with a hand this bad is not going to be long term profitable. If he has any made hands, you are toast, and even if he is bluffing you, he will have a reasonable amount of equity. Running into this particular hand was extremely favourable for you, since you shared the 5, so he only had 3 direct outs. And even then he still managed to get there.

The way to play this hand against an aggressive player is to check back flop, call a reasonable turn bet (you picked up a gutshot) and fold on the river. You say, that when he check-jam, it looks like, he wants you to fold. I agree with that, but the problem is, he has a lot of hands, that you lose to, that want you to fold, because he is out of position, and they are difficult to play. Even if he has something as strong as A8 for TPTK, he still wants you to either fold or put in the chips now, because turns and rivers are often going to bring overcards to his pair. So his range here is certainly not only hands, that are pure air, as you seem to assume.
woah slow down fundiver!!!
Remember first of all everyone plays differently.
Remember that I play differently in certain key aspects

i always 3x preflop
and I always cbet in position 1/2 pot
i check raise 2.5x bet
when out of position on flop and opponents range doesn't match board texture
i understand your 2.5-3 bb spat about being overextended in case of a rejam....not really because betting 3bbs gets bigger pots faster/MORE value for the hands I do win

people are more apt to reraise/REJAM me preflop
IF my sizing is 2.5xbb
they have to raise to 6+bbs
3x bb would make them 7.5-9bbs

my half a chip over extended preflop .5bb
makes my opponent extend 1.5 bb farther to rejam me
3x 8x
if he reraises me preflop it'll be 7.5-9bbs he is committing
due to my looosiness some begin to do this with increased range and frequency
when I shove all in over the 9bbs reraise pot=12-16 bbs
it causes some weird and tough spots for my opponents
and provides me bigger pots!

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow down fundiver hahahahaha I laughed out loud at that one. Too much overthinking in my opinion for this hand, the only thing that was certain was the fact that he wanted you to fold. That's it. It doesn't mean he didn't have anything. He could have A 8 very easy or second pair and many other combinations. You still have a turn and river to go so it's basically a coin flip, and with 5 3, once in a blue moon maybe I would take that chance and call. You got lucky, simple as that.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow down fundiver hahahahaha I laughed out loud at that one. Too much overthinking in my opinion for this hand, the only thing that was certain was the fact that he wanted you to fold. That's it. It doesn't mean he didn't have anything. He could have A 8 very easy or second pair and many other combinations. You still have a turn and river to go so it's basically a coin flip, and with 5 3, once in a blue moon maybe I would take that chance and call. You got lucky, simple as that.
im just lucky apparently:cool:
67437fe9cbd6c3d17c659d6e37bae6cd.png

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im just lucky apparently:cool:
67437fe9cbd6c3d17c659d6e37bae6cd.png

I'm so sorry mr. Gentleman, you turned my world upside down with this proof of your amazing high IQ plays. You are chip leader at the beginning of a tournament with not even the late registration closed yet. Congratulations on your godlike skills, keep it up :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought, the opponent had J5 of spades and rivered a flush, but looking at it again I can see, thats not the case. So Hero won the hand, and apparently the post is some kind of brag. This still does not change my opinion, that this is a poorly played hand by both players. Of course there are going to be situations like this, where we take it to the streets, but our opponent is also taking it to the streets, so we are actually ahead, and we hold. But poker is a long term game, and in my opinion based on years of experience lines like the one, Hero took in this hand, are not long term profitable. Maybe if we have an extremely solid read on a particular opponent, we can make a big deviation and stack off in a 3 SPR pot with bottom pair bad kicker and no draw. But in general this is not, how we make money in poker.

Freeroll Passwords