$0.27 NLHE MTT: 67s staright turn 3way spot

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a question here: I would like to know if Bet LID on the turn in this spot is bad?

on the flop I know it's not a very good call but I called for implied odds even though I didn't have a proper stack.
But the question of the river was this doubt that I mentioned above , my line of reasoning was the following I will bet for value and also for protection in order to exclude at least one player who was on the flush draw . Also any set or two pair would jam me which was good.
On the river, I made that size because I knew it wouldn't do any good .. I had 500 hands from the villain and he didn't bet or call the river so...

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 1,500/3,000 (320 ante) - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

EZATM911 (UTG): 136,501 (46 bb)
blood22332 (MP): 274,442 (91 bb)
Fish1040 (CO): 116,562 (39 bb)
DanCoz (BU): 54,311 (18 bb)
kmbond3 (SB): 91,642 (31 bb)
mojacko_king (BB): 109,780 (37 bb)

Pre-Flop: (6,420) Hero (kmbond3) is SB with 6 7
1 fold, blood22332 (MP) calls 3,000, Fish1040 (CO) calls 3,000, 1 fold, kmbond3 (SB) calls 1,500, mojacko_king (BB) checks

Flop: (13,920) A 8 9 (4 players)
kmbond3 (SB) checks, mojacko_king (BB) checks, blood22332 (MP) bets 6,960, Fish1040 (CO) calls 6,960, kmbond3 (SB) calls 6,960, mojacko_king (BB) folds

Turn: (34,800) 5 (3 players)
kmbond3 (SB) bets 17,400, blood22332 (MP) folds, Fish1040 (CO) calls 17,400

River: (69,600) 3 (2 players)
kmbond3 (SB) bets 34,800, Fish1040 (CO) folds

Total pot: 69,600
kmbond3 (SB) wins 69,600

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a question here: I would like to know if Bet LID on the turn in this spot is bad?

on the flop I know it's not a very good call but I called for implied odds even though I didn't have a proper stack.
But the question of the river was this doubt that I mentioned above , my line of reasoning was the following I will bet for value and also for protection in order to exclude at least one player who was on the flush draw . Also any set or two pair would jam me which was good.
On the river, I made that size because I knew it wouldn't do any good .. I had 500 hands from the villain and he didn't bet or call the river so...

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 1,500/3,000 (320 ante) - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

EZATM911 (UTG): 136,501 (46 bb)
blood22332 (MP): 274,442 (91 bb)
Fish1040 (CO): 116,562 (39 bb)
DanCoz (BU): 54,311 (18 bb)
kmbond3 (SB): 91,642 (31 bb)
mojacko_king (BB): 109,780 (37 bb)

Pre-Flop: (6,420) Hero (kmbond3) is SB with 6 7
1 fold, blood22332 (MP) calls 3,000, Fish1040 (CO) calls 3,000, 1 fold, kmbond3 (SB) calls 1,500, mojacko_king (BB) checks

Flop: (13,920) A 8 9 (4 players)
kmbond3 (SB) checks, mojacko_king (BB) checks, blood22332 (MP) bets 6,960, Fish1040 (CO) calls 6,960, kmbond3 (SB) calls 6,960, mojacko_king (BB) folds

Turn: (34,800) 5 (3 players)
kmbond3 (SB) bets 17,400, blood22332 (MP) folds, Fish1040 (CO) calls 17,400

River: (69,600) 3 (2 players)
kmbond3 (SB) bets 34,800, Fish1040 (CO) folds

Total pot: 69,600
kmbond3 (SB) wins 69,600

Thank you for posting.

Leading the turn is a good play depending on the villains possible turn action.
If the V are going to check often then we want to lead and get value from draws and not give a free card.

If however the V are betting this 60% or more then check shoving is the better play.

The 5 is a great card to check on as it does not look as dangerous.

Your turn lead could also be a little larger say 21-25k as the weaker players will call bigger bets with 2 pairs and draws. We get stacks from better on turn and worse folds to any bet so no need to keep it smallish when we lead. Vs some V at this stake we could lead pot and get called by draws as well.

Hope this helps
:):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
76s is certainly good enough to complete from SB in a limped pot.

Flop
Often I prefer to lead my good draws in a multiway pot. Once in a while you might get everyone to fold, and even when someone gives action, now you are in the drivers seat, and you can either continue barreling on the turn, when you miss, or bet for value without literally announcing, that you just improved your hand, as you do with a donk bet. Check-calling is not bad, but I personally prefer to take the more aggressive line in general.

Turn and river
As Eetenor say you can either donk lead, as you did, or go for a check-shove and make it a 2 street hand. Both plays have merits, but its a mistake to not get stacks in, when you have the nuts and only started with 31BB. So if you are going to lead, you need to make it a little bit larger and then jam the river. This time he folded, but a larger turn bet would still have given you a bit more value, and its a disaster, if he call you down with a hand like two pair, and you failed to get the full dubble. We dont make the nuts very often, so when we do, we need to squeeze as much value out of the situation as possible.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played the hand very well. Maybe a slightly bigger bet on the turn would have been good since out of those 2 opponents, one very likely had a flush draw so you want to squeeze the most out of this hand. Other than that well played and well done taking the lead on the turn, you don't want to just check as a trap and give them the opportunity to make the flush on the river.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for posting.

Leading the turn is a good play depending on the villains possible turn action.
If the V are going to check often then we want to lead and get value from draws and not give a free card.

If however the V are betting this 60% or more then check shoving is the better play.

The 5 is a great card to check on as it does not look as dangerous.

Your turn lead could also be a little larger say 21-25k as the weaker players will call bigger bets with 2 pairs and draws. We get stacks from better on turn and worse folds to any bet so no need to keep it smallish when we lead. Vs some V at this stake we could lead pot and get called by draws as well.

Hope this helps
:):)

Of course it helped my friend a lot, I was in a stalemate on the donk bet turn but I realize it's not such a big mistake

Preflop
76s is certainly good enough to complete from SB in a limped pot.

Flop
Often I prefer to lead my good draws in a multiway pot. Once in a while you might get everyone to fold, and even when someone gives action, now you are in the drivers seat, and you can either continue barreling on the turn, when you miss, or bet for value without literally announcing, that you just improved your hand, as you do with a donk bet. Check-calling is not bad, but I personally prefer to take the more aggressive line in general.

Turn and river
As Eetenor say you can either donk lead, as you did, or go for a check-shove and make it a 2 street hand. Both plays have merits, but its a mistake to not get stacks in, when you have the nuts and only started with 31BB. So if you are going to lead, you need to make it a little bit larger and then jam the river. This time he folded, but a larger turn bet would still have given you a bit more value, and its a disaster, if he call you down with a hand like two pair, and you failed to get the full dubble. We dont make the nuts very often, so when we do, we need to squeeze as much value out of the situation as possible.

thank you very much for the answer my dear! so a check raise would be nice too... on the turn I was scared of the check raise. I thought I could check and the villains check behind. Good tip about the size turn.

You played the hand very well. Maybe a slightly bigger bet on the turn would have been good since out of those 2 opponents, one very likely had a flush draw so you want to squeeze the most out of this hand. Other than that well played and well done taking the lead on the turn, you don't want to just check as a trap and give them the opportunity to make the flush on the river.

Thanks for the answer! Well, I was in a stalemate with my investor here. about this donkbet turn. But I explained to him that it was for protection in a 3 way pot with a flush draw and besides protection for value too... I didn't think it was that bad but...

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its already been mentioned that the flop call was bad. I second that since there are two outs taken away from you by spades and also when a 10 comes you have the butt end of the straight which can potentially cause problems.

Your post asked about the river and imo the option you chose would have been the last one I would choose. Betting half pot looks very nutted there with your stack size. You mentioned villian doesnt bet river there (very good that that stat is part of your HUD and you saw it) so I think jamming is the best play. It makes your hand look a little weaker and its probably the play you would make if you were going to bluff a missed spade draw here. Also if villain is calling half pot there they probably are also going to call your jam. Checking would be my second option hoping to induce villain to bluff but you already mentioned this villain isnt going for that.

The real fun part of this hand is the turn. In my opinion I would check here with the intention to jam and I like that play much more than leading here. First, given that we have two opponents and an ace on the board I would think one of them has an ace and the other is probably on the draw. The villain with the ace is most likely going to bet for the same reason you think you should bet. This then will give you the opportunity to check jam. My other reasoning is that if you check and all check behind and a spade comes on the river then it is probably a bet fold spot or a check fold check call depending on your villain. Well, as played you lead and still have to fade the river and if the river was a spade what would you do now? Youd be in the same spot and I know that is a little flawed thinking since we should charge for draws but leading here to me (with the sizing you did) does not protect your hand as much as you think. It does charge draws but it wont prevent you most likely from a river decision. I want to play this hand as a two street hand here and to me the only way to do that is check jam. I would be willing to risk two check behinds to have this especially when I really believe one of those villains has Ax (turned out most likely not to be the case but it would be my thoughts in hand).

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its already been mentioned that the flop call was bad. I second that since there are two outs taken away from you by spades and also when a 10 comes you have the butt end of the straight which can potentially cause problems.

Your post asked about the river and imo the option you chose would have been the last one I would choose. Betting half pot looks very nutted there with your stack size. You mentioned villian doesnt bet river there (very good that that stat is part of your HUD and you saw it) so I think jamming is the best play. It makes your hand look a little weaker and its probably the play you would make if you were going to bluff a missed spade draw here. Also if villain is calling half pot there they probably are also going to call your jam. Checking would be my second option hoping to induce villain to bluff but you already mentioned this villain isnt going for that.

The real fun part of this hand is the turn. In my opinion I would check here with the intention to jam and I like that play much more than leading here. First, given that we have two opponents and an ace on the board I would think one of them has an ace and the other is probably on the draw. The villain with the ace is most likely going to bet for the same reason you think you should bet. This then will give you the opportunity to check jam. My other reasoning is that if you check and all check behind and a spade comes on the river then it is probably a bet fold spot or a check fold check call depending on your villain. Well, as played you lead and still have to fade the river and if the river was a spade what would you do now? Youd be in the same spot and I know that is a little flawed thinking since we should charge for draws but leading here to me (with the sizing you did) does not protect your hand as much as you think. It does charge draws but it wont prevent you most likely from a river decision. I want to play this hand as a two street hand here and to me the only way to do that is check jam. I would be willing to risk two check behinds to have this especially when I really believe one of those villains has Ax (turned out most likely not to be the case but it would be my thoughts in hand).

Hello my friend! disappeared from the freerolls, became a hight holler already?
Well I'm aware that calling the flop is pretty bad, maybe check raise would be better.
On the turn I would even like to agree with you but it seems a very risky and weak play to check a spot against 2 villains.. it's practically asking villain to hit the draw, against a player I would follow his check raise line. the hands that would raise my check over there would be the same hands that would jam against my 1/2 pot raise and if I checked and the two villains checked I would miss out on information besides giving one more free street that their hands improve.
Regarding the river I think you didn't read that well, the villain had about 500 hands and had 0% call river and 0% bet river so I made that horrible size, but now on second thought I go further and also disagreeing again of your line... I would bet 25% of the pot to encourage some missed draws and maybe get called by the losing hand.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, yeah, I agree that call pre flop to limps with 67s is standard situation from the small blind. I even call all connectors off suit hands like 67o. On the flop I would also play fold, because we have only 3 outs to the nuts straight. If will come T we can have problems and we can lose many chips. As played - on the turn We should play bigger bets for value, more than 50%, because probably every flush draw will call our bet. I play usually 67%. We can't check on the turn, because players usually they play check back and they can see the river card for free. GL :)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, yeah, I agree that call pre flop to limps with 67s is standard situation from the small blind. I even call all connectors off suit hands like 67o. On the flop I would also play fold, because we have only 3 outs to the nuts straight. If will come T we can have problems and we can lose many chips. As played - on the turn We should play bigger bets for value, more than 50%, because probably every flush draw will call our bet. I play usually 67%. We can't check on the turn, because players usually they play check back and they can see the river card for free. GL :)

Thanks for the reply my dear!