$0.25 NLHE STT: SBvsBB-limping AA what do You think

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a tight player image. I decide to limping because i was afraid that if i raise he would probably fold.
This is the hand that played just before the "AA"

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/6353302_1AD8B20817

I was not sure if I'm here enough strong to call with KJ.
I was the chip leader. that was SF, 10 player left, 7 in cash. I did not want to risk many chips at this stage of the game.

And now AA

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hands/Boom/6353306_26E93B77F1

What do you think about limping in this situation?

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand you played it well in my oppinion, but you know better since you know the player.

As regards the second hand, I don't like limping aces, but in this situation the opponent was starting to get shortstack with 30bb. I would have made a min raise though, you always have to raise the same amount preflop, in most situations in order not to make tells.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First hand - KJs in multi pot isn't good situation for us. Blinds are high. I'm not sure if fold here is right decision, you have top pair with strong kicker, opponent should mini raise hand like AK, but he limps, so maybe he has KQ. I like those tournaments, there often top pair is enough to call all in. I think that you want to be on the final table as chipleader, so why you fold :) But you have more chips than your opponent, even if you lose you would have good stack, but not good as 14k chips :)
Second hand - limp with AA at this level isn't big mistake IMO, but I usually at least miniraise with that strong hand, becuase sometimes opponent can hit very strong flop for free.

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I think both (limping or min raising) could be good here, depending on the villains tendencies. I think his stats are key in this situation. For example if you know he resteals every SB steal, then you raise of course, if you know his fold to steal % is 100, then limping might be better, although you got to be very carefull in the postflop play. So, I think the decision between limping and raising is highly villain dependent. If you do raise, do a minraise so that you give him the opportunity to 3bet.

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was one of the breakthrough hands. I changed the style of play anf I played very aggressively.I raise a lot and get the blinds for free.

I know that this opponent was not too good, and i often played with him just waiting for occasions to eliminate it. I was able to win this tournament restoring some BM.
Thanks for the reply.

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hand 1
given the effective stacks being 20BB and only one person having that i would just pile this type of hand in pre we win a nice pot every time they fold and i wouldn't be shocked if we got called by worse or 40-60 at worst

hand 2
just min raise pre or something like that ( ill do like 2.1x or 2.2x a decent) you want to balance out your stealing range to some extent

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limping is fine. so is min-raising, i prefer min raising here.

Also, stop thinking that any players at this level are paying attention to you in the slightest. The way to make money in these low level games is to play a solid game, and let other players make bigger mistakes than yourself. Just abc it and get aggressive late game.