$0.25 NLHE STT: Overbet shove on the flop, holding QQ with A on board, response?

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 30/9/54

SNG with 1 place to the bubble

poker stars $0.23+$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds + t25 - 8 players - View hand 1705388
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: t3085 M = 6.17
BTN: t8675 M = 17.35
SB: t8805 M = 17.61
BB: t11082 M = 22.16
UTG: t15011 M = 30.02
UTG+1: t4690 M = 9.38
MP1: t8540 M = 17.08
Hero (MP2): t7612 M = 15.22

Pre Flop: (t500) Hero is MP2 with Q
club.gif
Q
spade.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 calls t200, 1 fold, Hero raises to t440, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls t240

Flop: (t1380) A
spade.gif
diamond.gif
spade.gif
(2 players)
UTG+1 bets t4225 all in, Hero ???

F

Foxhound3857

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say that's taking a gamble. If you raised preflop and the guy called, he was either defending his blind, or holding a pocket pair or big ace. Overcards to my big pocket pairs are what concern me, and I usually play those situations very carefully.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise more preflop, please.

fold this flop, even though its a 25c tourney, its not worth it.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I figured. Folded the hand in the end; don't think he had an A, put him on a flush draw.

Are we calling if we have an overpair to the board?

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap folding flop (ainec)

Replace the A with a J and I snap call.

H

hawtshawt420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise more preflop, please.
Normally, I dislike when people ask advice on a situation and people reply with basically "Don't get in that situation." But that was basically a min raise. Granted, I don't have any previous read on the guy but he could be holding almost anything. Since he called before the raise, it made the raise less threatening. He very easily could have any Ace, Flush or Straight draws, less likely but even 76. Honestly, I'd probably have called but telling myself "This is an awful call, I let him hit." So I'd say the play is fold.

With this weak raise you wanted him to call with almost anything right?

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally, I dislike when people ask advice on a situation and people reply with basically "Don't get in that situation." But that was basically a min raise. Granted, I don't have any previous read on the guy but he could be holding almost anything. Since he called before the raise, it made the raise less threatening. He very easily could have any Ace, Flush or Straight draws, less likely but even 76. Honestly, I'd probably have called but telling myself "This is an awful call, I let him hit." So I'd say the play is fold.

Yeah pretty much. His call pfr was like, 17% in that situation or something ridic.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah pretty much. His call pfr was like, 17% in that situation or something ridic.

so? point is we're raising for value, and he's gonna call 4x as much as he calls 2x so why min raise its pointless.

S

Slow Roll Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should have bet more than 2x the BB preflop. I would have raised the 200 to about 750-850. You just have to bet more to avoid people calling with A-rag. If they've already called the 200-chip blind, there's no way they are folding to 200 more, even if they only have 7 2. I would have folded when the Ace hit anyway.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should have bet more than 2x the BB preflop. I would have raised the 200 to about 750-850. You just have to bet more to avoid people calling with A-rag. If they've already called the 200-chip blind, there's no way they are folding to 200 more, even if they only have 7 2. I would have folded when the Ace hit anyway.

we want them to call with A rag, especially if they play it this face up postflop

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with his stack size, around 600 pre would be perfect anything more and it's too hard for him to call, and the flop play doesn't really work out that well. Then i'd be planning to get the money in on two streets if he calls the ~600 pre.

Just out of curiosity, what would you all do if our stack size was swapped with villians? he has the 7k and we have 4k.