$0.25 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: gutshot draw + two over cards, do you call it?

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

UTG (t1,340)
UTG+1 (t1,300)
MP1 (t1,390)
Hero (MP2) (t1,470)
CO (t1,410)
Button (t1,060)
SB (t3,980)
BB (t1,550)

Hero's M: 49.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with
jh.gif
qs.gif

3 folds, Hero raises to t50, 1 fold, Button calls t50, SB calls t40, BB calls t30

Flop: (t200)
8h.gif
6d.gif
9h.gif
(4 players)
SB bets t200, 1 fold, Hero folds, Button calls t200

Turn: (t600)
ts.gif
(2 players)
SB bets t600, Button calls t600

River: (t1,800)
2s.gif
(2 players)
SB bets t900, Button calls t210 (All-In)

Total pot: t2,220

Results below:
Button had Q
diamond.gif
, 10
club.gif
(one pair, tens).
SB had 7
spade.gif
, K
club.gif
(straight, ten high).
Outcome: SB won t2,220
s
Hi, I would like to hear some opinions about my move. One of the first hands in tournament. SB was very loose and aggressive. I folded, because a donkbet was too big for me and rarely I hit a straight. I have about 3outs because there was FD on the flop. Do you call it? I'm angry, because I could triple up :(

I

invisile

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre! As played fold flop, because there is always some kinda hand when someone is donking a pot in 4way in that flop and we arent really getting odds to call.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have about 3outs because there was FD on the flop.
You aren't counting your partial outs. The Th isn't clean because of the possible flush, but it's not valueless either. Maybe no one is on the flush draw, and you do have the Jh which gives you a redraw against a made flush. Plus there some chance pairing your Q or J will win - probably not a big chance, but more than 0.

I'm folding on the turn anyway since these partial outs don't add up to enough to call the pot-sized bet with only small implied odds, but the point I'm getting at is about counting outs, not calling or folding in this specific situation.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pot odds doesnt warrant you to call i think. I would think Im beaten at the flop and the flop is somewhat scary. Even if Ill get my gutshot straight, I might lose to a flush on latter streets.
Thats poker. It so happen your out falls. But I still believe, folding here is the right move.

S

StudentBluff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold flop. You had not good pot odds to call

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this limit when many bad players QJo, this marginal hand what raise, better call or fold, because when you raise you always get 2-3 caller, and without nuts in flop you not can continue game, or with top kicker u not get many vallue,,,, I better fold preflop... In flop easy fold, very big bet what call..