$0.25 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: second pair and OESD on the flop, do you call it?

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Hero (CO) (t1,500)
Button (t1,490)
SB (t1,480)
BB (t3,030)
UTG (t1,500)
UTG+1 (t1,500)
MP1 (t1,500)
MP2 (t1,500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with
th.gif
td.gif

3 folds, MP2 raises to t60, Hero calls t60, Button calls t60, 1 fold, BB calls t40

Flop: (t250)
js.gif
9s.gif
8d.gif
(4 players)
BB checks, MP2 bets t240, Hero folds, 2 folds

Total pot: t250

Results below:
MP2 didn't show

Hello guys, I would like to get to know some opinions about this hand. It was sng, 45 players, second hand in tournament. The flop I hit OESD, but first raiser made a big cbet, about a pot. Do you call his bet? The rest of players often had FD on this flop, so I have about 6 outs to OESD.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SNG 45p need play more tight . Fold, very big c-bet, not have have odds for call.
Call we can not here, very cordinated board because many cards what be in turn, complicate the situation , if be blank card, what we do in turn if he again bet ( need again call nothing has changed, ) or closed flush and main factor we dont know nothing about villain . This very dificult situathion to continue the game if lost here half stack , players in this limit not very strong and u not will not be much edge with half stack if lose ,better to find another situation what play hand..

Last edited:
jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the cutoff I think I like a small 3 bet preflop in this spot. Try to get HU to the flop.

But as played and trying to blindly read this hand, I think his range includes a lot of Js, FDs, and OPs (based on the sizing and the fact that we are 4 handed.) Even so, our hand is too strong to fold and I like peeling one off in this spot. We are ahead of bare flush draws and air, and we are 40-60 against Js and OPs.

I

invisile

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can we like shove pre, because it is only second hand in 0.25 buy-in and there are lot of people who want to double their stacks with any pair or Ax kinda hands. As played fold flop!

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming you play at this level, you should have some feeling as to what the opponent's range is based on how people play in general. Obviously, this isn't as good as having a player-specific read, but you can only use what you know; poker is after all a game of incomplete info.

So when he cbet pot, what did you think his range was?

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He could have for example QQ+. Cbet is quite big. It was a second hand in tournament. I have no reads.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The margin for error is larger than if you have more info, but having no read on the opponent isn't sufficient reason not to think about what his range may be. Simply saying he could have QQ+ or any other range that justifies folding isn't enough. You also have to ask yourself what ranges might he have where you should continue.