$0.25 NLHE MTT: $$0.25 NLHE MTT: $$0.25 NLHE MTT: Is this play too questionable

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/5q11ysXa
So the villain minraises SB on me. Then bets really small on the flop. Which i thought was really wek. And i decided to apply some pressure. Then even though the turn bet was not a small one, it kind of felt weak. I was the agressor on the previous street. On the flop i kinda thought he aint got nothing. On the turn it looked like either he was trying too hard to defend his pocket 9, or was going funky and trying to scare me off. So i slightly overbet and shoved the hand in.
Now if he would just called the turn then i would probably just bet the half and turn to a check/fold mode being afraind of sloplay trap. But really i smelled weakness in all his actions and just did not want to give him much opportunity to come on top.
Ofcourse this is not my standart play, i made it just for the reasons above.
What do you guys think on this hand?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats up with the title of this thread why so many $0.25 NLHE MTT:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I might sometimes 3-bet a hand like this, when SB min-raises me. But here stacks were a bit in between for 3-betting, since a jam is very large, and if you 3-bet small, you create a low SPR pot, which I am not excited about with a rag ace. So I am totally on board with just calling and seeing a flop.

Flop
I am not totally loving this raise. I think, you get all better hands to call, and most worse hands to fold. You do deny some equity, but if he has A high, he only have 3 outs, and if an A comes, you will cooler him and win his entire stack. So yeah its a small size, and you will sometimes get outdrawn, but I lean towards just calling this C-bet.

Turn
When he lead into you on this card, he either has a 2, or he is bluffing. So once again I dont really love this raise. Now I think, you are really getting all worse hands to fold, and if he is as polarized, as he should be, you are also never getting a better hand to fold. So once again I would just call and see, what happen on the river.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn
When he lead into you on this card, he either has a 2, or he is bluffing. So once again I dont really love this raise. Now I think, you are really getting all worse hands to fold, and if he is as polarized, as he should be, you are also never getting a better hand to fold. So once again I would just call and see, what happen on the river.
Why would he lead the deuce here? I felt like he might be having some pocket pair and trying to get to showdown as cheap as possible.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Also this was close to a bubble so things were getting a bit more intense. If that means anything franckly :eek:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would he lead the deuce here?

To take away your option to check back and pot control with a K or a draw like 54. By leading the turn for value, he sets it up, so he has an easy river jam.

I felt like he might be having some pocket pair and trying to get to showdown as cheap as possible.

Leading the turn is not a way to get to showdown cheaply. Its a way to build the pot with a strong hand, or get your opponent to fold.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but on the other hand if he leads the turn after i 3bet the flop he takes away my opportunity to bet the turn as well. If i was good on the flop, well i was almost certainly good on the turn so why would i not bet there.
To take away your option to check back and pot control with a K or a draw like 54. By leading the turn for value, he sets it up, so he has an easy river jam.

Leading the turn is not a way to get to showdown cheaply. Its a way to build the pot with a strong hand, or get your opponent to fold.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
May this be a thing, that its the microlimit what made me play like this? Folks on micros they don't overthink things. I dont usually give too much credit to folks out there they play prety plain and simple. I just felt some fear and felt like im aton of times behind here vs some pocket 4 of some sort.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your lucky you were against a fish. Any solid player is calling you down with any pocket pair and any King.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Your lucky you were against a fish. Any solid player is calling you down with any pocket pair and any King.
Oh yeah? Did you not notice i said its not some standart play? Lucky lol. Learn how to read first.
First of all guy played badly vs me and i made him fold probably a beter hand.
Second of all any king lol its heads up.
Third u know yeah go get lost bro :)
Thanks.
Calling me down lol what a jokster.