EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My reasoning for 3betting here was the fact I thought at first that he had min-raised as I swore I saw 60 and not 30 lol. Need new glasses!! In fact he just limped into the pot, when he shoved I didn't put him on AA, KK, QQ! I did put him on a medium pair which didn't put me too far behind equity. I was running pretty decent up to this point.

Was I right in thinking of calling the shove??

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button (t2,060)
Hero (SB) (t2,000)
BB (t1,320)
UTG (t1,650)
UTG+1 (t1,510)
MP1 (t1,790)
MP2 (t1,380)
CO (t1,790)

Hero's M: 44.44

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
heart.gif
, J
heart.gif

2 folds, MP1 calls t30, 2 folds, Button calls t30, Hero raises to t150, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t1,790 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls t1,640

Flop: (t3,640) 8
heart.gif
, Q
club.gif
, 3
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t3,640) 7
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t3,640) 5
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t3,640

Results below:
Hero had A
heart.gif
, J
heart.gif
(high card, Ace).
MP1 had 8
spade.gif
, 8
club.gif
(three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: MP1 won t3,640

I was out after a few more hands with 66, oh well :D

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I fold. First off, when he shoved did you check to see if he had open-raised or limped? Admittedly, it's easy not to, but given you'll be crippled if you call and lose, you should have looked.

Once you see that he didn't limp, your best reasonable case scenario is something like 88-TT, but unless you think his range includes the likes of AT and/or KQ, the rest of this range seems likely to have you crushed. What's more, I suspect you're crushed more often than you're flipping.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising first is fine, after the shove you should be folding because while limp-shoving from MP makes little sense at any time, it's often a bad player playing a huge hand horribly or a bad player with a low-mid PP thinking he's probably flipping and wanting to gambooool. There's no hands I can see MP doing this with that you're ahead of.

e: heh, just checked results, i promise i didn't look before posting this. :)

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold it, easily because i don't like coin flips.. and because it would be hard to actually had better hands than your opponent...

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this MTT 45p or 90p in preflop fold, AJs when you have 50BB very marginal hand, and u always get 1-2 callers and you will have no position.
If standart mtt better call i think in preflop , because big stack and no position..

E

erlanditas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you was 100% right good call, because when playing 0.25$ MTT in PS they can push like A10 A9 or small pair AJs is good card for call all in in 0.25$ MTT

pokertoi

pokertoi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My reasoning for 3betting here was the fact I thought at first that he had min-raised as I swore I saw 60 and not 30 lol. Need new glasses!! In fact he just limped into the pot, when he shoved I didn't put him on AA, KK, QQ! I did put him on a medium pair which didn't put me too far behind equity. I was running pretty decent up to this point.

Was I right in thinking of calling the shove??

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button (t2,060)
Hero (SB) (t2,000)
BB (t1,320)
UTG (t1,650)
UTG+1 (t1,510)
MP1 (t1,790)
MP2 (t1,380)
CO (t1,790)

Hero's M: 44.44

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
heart.gif
, J
heart.gif

2 folds, MP1 calls t30, 2 folds, Button calls t30, Hero raises to t150, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t1,790 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls t1,640

Flop: (t3,640) 8
heart.gif
, Q
club.gif
, 3
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t3,640) 7
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t3,640) 5
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t3,640

Results below:
Hero had A
heart.gif
, J
heart.gif
(high card, Ace).
MP1 had 8
spade.gif
, 8
club.gif
(three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: MP1 won t3,640

I was out after a few more hands with 66, oh well :D

Me being me, I would've shoved first. But if it was early in the game, I would've folded. No need to go out early on a coin toss.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks for answering my question guys.

The majority have said I should of folded to the shove and that's what I believe I should of done.

I had a similar situation again today. I had AKo and I never got to raise as this guy shoved all in 21K I had something like 4K, he had previously shoved his 13K with 33 and took the pot. I folded as if I had called I would of been out if he crushed my AK.

A bit later he shoved again pre and the guy to my right called with AKo. The shover had 73s so now I wish I had called his last shove. I have now put a note on him as he went out 2 hands later shoving every time with trash hands.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold here. My thinking is Im underdog if I call his all in. If he has pair lower than JJ, its coinflip. If he has JJ and higher, Im losing statistically.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for answering my question guys.

The majority have said I should of folded to the shove and that's what I believe I should of done.

I had a similar situation again today. I had AKo and I never got to raise as this guy shoved all in 21K I had something like 4K, he had previously shoved his 13K with 33 and took the pot. I folded as if I had called I would of been out if he crushed my AK.

A bit later he shoved again pre and the guy to my right called with AKo. The shover had 73s so now I wish I had called his last shove. I have now put a note on him as he went out 2 hands later shoving every time with trash hands.

Insta call....from the sounds of it you were below average on chips and the blinds would have been high enough...what did you have 15-20bigs?....can't believe you folded, you're either way ahead or racing against a spewy big stack any time...need to play to win and build chips..... Getting blinded down and only nut peddling aint gonna cut it.