sapines1001

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
MP2 has stats 34/28 43 hand played.
24 remaining players.
is this correct play?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.25 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

SB (t880)
Hero (BB) (t1,892)
UTG (t1,365)
UTG+1 (t1,525)
MP1 (t1,575)
MP2 (t3,130)
CO (t2,653)
Button (t2,790)

Hero's M: 12.61

Preflop: Hero is BB with K
club.gif
, K
heart.gif

UTG calls t100, 2 folds, MP2 raises to t200, 3 folds, Hero raises to t521, 1 fold, MP2 calls t321

Flop: (t1,192) J
club.gif
, 5
heart.gif
, A
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets t600, Hero folds

Total pot: t1,192

Results below:
MP2 didn't show

S

Salmon5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely bet into that flop, to make him think you got an ace and to
See if he's got one...

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with UTG having limped, MP2 minraising I would have raised larger pre to about 650+. Granted this is about 35% of your stack, so its not leaving much room for post-flop play IMO.

As it sits right now you are going to the flop with only slightly larger than a pot size bet in your stack, so any move on the flop the suggestion would be all-in IMO. Having checked you are enticing the villian to rep the A as he did wheather he had it or not.

I think I would have possibly jammed it in pre, or shoved the flop even with the A on board. I think with like 2.6x 3-bet your not getting any of his raising range to fold, if he would fold with anything depends on hows they had been playing of course. Your check on the flop, shows fear of the A, or perhaps a slowplay, and villian stabs 1/2 pot to find out.

Just my thoughts, <20 bb didn't really allow much play in this spot to test the waters with that A on the flop as you only had like 13bb at this point and a shove IMO was your only option besides the check/fold line you took.

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I slightly higher bet pre flop then a cbet on the flop. Checking pretty much gives him the hand. He could have an ace but he also could have an under pair. With a cbet you could also rep a bigger ace.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is hard situation, you have about 19bb, maybe all in pre flop is better, because 3bet pre flop is for about 1/3 of your stack and in the pot are some chips - 450.
As played - on this flop probably I play cbet for about 1/2 the pot, because I can represent here an Ace with good kicker, if he calls me, I wonder what to do... at this moment I don't know what is better- fold or go all in for rest of your stack. Sometimes I go all in and I hope that he folds or I just check/fold and after this hand still have about 6-7bb to push. If he raise me on the flop, then I fold.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With 450 in the middle & our stack size of ~1800 I think that putting in a raise here to 600 looks REALLY strong so personally I would just jam in this spot preflop (hoping to get called by hands that are likely folding to the uber-strong looking raise). You're also adding ~25% to your stack if they fold to the shove.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 450 in the middle & our stack size of ~1800 I think that putting in a raise here to 600 looks REALLY strong so personally I would just jam in this spot preflop (hoping to get called by hands that are likely folding to the uber-strong looking raise). You're also adding ~25% to your stack if they fold to the shove.

If villain is a thinking player I totally agree, probably vs a fish it doesnt matter.

Folding in Poker