$0.10 NLHE STT Turbo: I was wondering if this allin without position is correct under the circumstances?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$0.10 NLHE STT Turbo: I was wondering if this allin without position is correct under the circumstances?

I think I did it very short ... my range of raise utg is TT + for pairs, so there was no room for pushing and pushing allin. falls 11 °

Replay this hand on CardsChat

1Milhão$emNada (UTG): 16,924 (3 bb)
kurykcitizen (MP): 82,300 (16 bb)
vuske1979 (CO): 164,415 (33 bb)
tiago35251424 (BU): 15,045 (3 bb)
xariton x5m (SB): 12,344 (2 bb)
glane99 (BB): 48,952 (10 bb)

Pre-Flop: (10,500) Hero (1Milhão$emNada) is UTG with T T
1PokerStars, $0.09 + $0.01 - Hold'em No Limit - 2,500/5,000 (500 ante) - 6 players
Milhão$emNada (UTG) raises to 16,424 (all-in)
, 1 fold, vuske1979 (CO) 3-bets to 59,772, 3 players fold

Flop: (43,348) 3 T 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (43,348) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (43,348) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 43,348

Showdown:
vuske1979 (CO) shows J J (three of a kind, Jacks)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 82%, Flop: 9%, Turn: 5%, River: 100%)

1Milhão$emNada (UTG) shows T T (three of a kind, Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 18%, Flop: 91%, Turn: 95%, River: 0%)

vuske1979 (CO) wins 43,348

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have just north of 3 BBs with pocket 10s. This is an easy shove. In fact, with 3 BBs UTG with the blinds coming next your shove range should be the the top 80% or so of your range.

For future reference, unless you just lost out on a big hand to a stack slightly less than yours, you should have little excuse for getting down to 3 BBs before you get all in. I, unlike others, dont mind a player getting down to 6 or 7 BBs before they shove if they are just not getting a shove hand but once you hit 6 BBs or so, you need to shove with roughly 50-60% of your range. With that thinking in mind it should not take you too many hands to find something to go with.

When you allow yourself to get down to 3 BBs before you shove, the big blind along with others will almost always be calling with anything decent and you have no fold equity which is a huge part of push/fold poker. Let me also add that the beauty of push/fold poker is position is meaningless besides how many players could have a better hand behind you. You never have to play post flop when you shove so you should not be questioning position when shoving other than what I mentioned which is obviously we would love to shove later position because there are fewer hands after us that could have "caught" something but in the end, when you are playing push/fold you are playing your cards and not position.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have just north of 3 BBs with pocket 10s. This is an easy shove. In fact, with 3 BBs UTG with the blinds coming next your shove range should be the the top 80% or so of your range.

For future reference, unless you just lost out on a big hand to a stack slightly less than yours, you should have little excuse for getting down to 3 BBs before you get all in. I, unlike others, dont mind a player getting down to 6 or 7 BBs before they shove if they are just not getting a shove hand but once you hit 6 BBs or so, you need to shove with roughly 50-60% of your range. With that thinking in mind it should not take you too many hands to find something to go with.

When you allow yourself to get down to 3 BBs before you shove, the big blind along with others will almost always be calling with anything decent and you have no fold equity which is a huge part of push/fold poker. Let me also add that the beauty of push/fold poker is position is meaningless besides how many players could have a better hand behind you. You never have to play post flop when you shove so you should not be questioning position when shoving other than what I mentioned which is obviously we would love to shove later position because there are fewer hands after us that could have "caught" something but in the end, when you are playing push/fold you are playing your cards and not position.

This is an excellent explenation, which a lot of people could benefit from reading repeatedly, until they have truly understood it. Especially the part about fold equity being a crucial part of push-fold poker. I just want to add two further points:

1) There will be times, where we end up with a 3BB stack, because we pushed or called with a deeper stack and lost against someone, we had slightly covered. This is not a mistake and can not be avoided.

2) Judging from the whole distribution of stacks this seem to be a hyper turbo, and this is not a format, I can recommend to spend time on. You are simply not learning enough playing in such a fast format. Also a tournament for 10c - are you really that broke? :)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

you are wrong it is a turbo sit of 0.10..I do ITM all the time and FT I already crave and such ... and all players are always short stack ... of course I adopt the push fold with less than 15 bb .. but it doesn’t work open the range or speed up the game, everyone stays the same at the end of the stack. the action until reaching those ig blinds was natural and if you notice the tournament chip leader has 16 bb ...

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an excellent explenation, which a lot of people could benefit from reading repeatedly, until they have truly understood it. Especially the part about fold equity being a crucial part of push-fold poker. I just want to add two further points:

1) There will be times, where we end up with a 3BB stack, because we pushed or called with a deeper stack and lost against someone, we had slightly covered. This is not a mistake and can not be avoided.

2) Judging from the whole distribution of stacks this seem to be a hyper turbo, and this is not a format, I can recommend to spend time on. You are simply not learning enough playing in such a fast format. Also a tournament for 10c - are you really that broke? :)

Exactly well explained is what he said ... I didn't break I'm starting in PS now so I want to know the fields and play inside a bank I will try to go up, but playing very tight to maintain regularity and profit yes in fact it is worth more only the 0.25 E is turbo 5 min, I never got FT with more than 20 bb is amazing! . Thanks for the answer.