$0.01 NLHE MTT Turbo: Hand Analysis Bad Luck or Bad play?

F

Forkliftgu22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everybody
Did I play this hand well or poorly any advice greatly appreciated

Blinds 125/250

I’m on the button I have Ac 9c I have 6450 chips I raise to 625
Small blind has 10550 chips and calls
Big Blind Has 3175 chips and goes all in
We all call.
The flop is 10d Ad 3c
Small blind raises 250
I go all (he calls)
Turn 8d river 5c

Tredford

Tredford

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me start by saying I am NOT a professional and I only play low stakes tourns ... so any critiques of my comments are welcome.

What I have learned is when you are down to a ~25bb stack, you should reduce your open to 2-2.2 bb. If the SB had RR AI, it makes it easier to fold with a weaker hand.

When the BB RR you AI it might have a been a squeeze play, but I think it might have been better to RR AI yourself to isolate. Calling the BB AI gives the SB ~30% pot odds.

As the play went, post flop your SPR (stack to pot ratio) was less than 1, so shoving with top pair would have been my play too.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everybody
Did I play this hand well or poorly any advice greatly appreciated

Blinds 125/250

I’m on the button I have Ac 9c I have 6450 chips I raise to 625
Small blind has 10550 chips and calls
Big Blind Has 3175 chips and goes all in
We all call.
The flop is 10d Ad 3c
Small blind raises 250
I go all (he calls)
Turn 8d river 5c

Thank you for posting.

Your decision point is preflop.
Your two best options are Shove or Fold.
Why?

The BB shove puts half your stack into the pot if you decide not to fold. A9s is not a great 3 way hand but has outs when you shove and the SB gets sticky and calls but best case is the SB folds so that you cannot be knocked out of the tournament.

When we call and SB over calls -in micro MTTs this is often the case- and the flop misses us the SB can shove flop and we have to fold - the board is going to miss us often-
Half our stack gone just to see a flop. A9s wants to see all 5 board cards that is why we shove preflop.

As played
The shove is fine based only on stack sizes. We are committed to this pot now so there is only one choice.

A good study point would be to range refine the SB on this flop for practice in other hands where we may have a larger flop SPR.

Basic range refinement in this spot.

SB most often would not just call with AA-TT preflop especially after you just call. So they are not leading QQ for min here very often-anything can happen in micros-

SB can have 33 it is the micros after all. AK-A2 also possible. QJ KQ gut shots possible for min bet as well as flush draws and combo draws.

Using Equilab- it is free- you can see what your over all equity is vs a refined range.

Hope this helps
:):)

S

StressMit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only an OpinionBad Play. You are not strong enough and not in the right position especially on low stakes tables.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands