$0.01 NLHE MTT: Did i misplay this hand in this spot?

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - 100/200 Ante 25 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP+1: 19.72 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 1)
Hero (MP+2): 28.76 BB
CO: 46.25 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
BTN: 42.72 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
SB: 33.35 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
BB: 12.32 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
UTG: 10.88 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
UTG+1: 108.1 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
MP: 4.34 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)

9 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.62 BB) Hero has 8:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls 1 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 1 BB, CO calls 1 BB, BTN calls 1 BB, fold, BB checks

Flop: (6.62 BB, 5 players) A:heart: 6:club: 7:club:
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: (6.62 BB, 5 players) Q:heart:
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets 3.31 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, BTN calls 4.68 BB

River: (22.62 BB, 2 players) K:heart:
Hero checks, BTN bets 11.31 BB, fold

BTN wins 22.62 BB

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
wow, there was another hand posted by you holding JT if I am not wrong - which hand guided me to long thinking ...
But here is clear that you had to raise preflop with A8s because both Sb and BB are behind you in chip account. Afterwords, you loose the direction with this hand ...

PS: If I am wrong with numbers, ignore them, you are ahead anyway :D

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It could be said that you played every street wrong. If you limp preflop and check the flop, it must be for pot control because A8 isn't a trapping hand. Don't you have to lead the turn to make the draws pay? Just a weird way to play that hand with your amount of BBs. I would be interested in your train of thought throughout the hand.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop, after you should have raised to 3bb for value. Your hand is ahead of limping range of a fish.

Flop, you should just go and bet, everybody limped so it's unlikely that they have stronger Ace, and you need to protects your hand.

Turn, you should bet for same reasons, as played when villain bets you should just call. I don't understand why you want to check-raise, it's not strong enough to check raise, and you don't have outs for nuts and you have good showdown value. Check raising doesn't make any sense. Also, your check raise is too small, you are giving good odds for villain to call flush draws.

On the river, check is fine, and i will call half pot bet, simply because it's half pot.

overall, played wrongly on all streets.

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played the flop as I would have. This is a very small buy-in tourney where you have to run deep. I don't like raising with mediocre hands where I want as many people around to pay me off if I hit the nut flush.

Once the two pair hits, I definitely want to try to thin the field on the flop. I would have put a bet in here, but not much of one. Maybe 1/3 of the pot. I assume any straights and flushes are sticking around, and I hope they aren't behind me in position.

But you checked and I think that's just fine too. I think if I were to check here in this type of tournament, I am tossing all aggression out the window unless I boat up. That is, I am check-calling to see the river for cheap. I don't think I would check here hoping for a check-raise because the flush won't go, probably. I want a small win with my two pair.

As far as you question on bet sizing, I think a check raise should have been bigger on the turn. The odds are there for a flush draw. But it's small and that's okay. I would pay off that river because of the excellent chance of missed straight and flush draws on the 6c 7c.

W

wkshaggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd raise preflop. I'd also bet flop, and I wouldn't raise turn. The turn raise is only getting called by better hands.

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The turn raise is only getting called by better hands.

I would also generally not raise the turn, but I disagree your reasoning. I would absolutely call that raise w most hands that have two clubs or two hearts. If I had an open ended straight draw I would call occasionally, expecting the check-raiser to slow down In the case of a third club or heart.

A

Ambur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre Flop: Hero calls 1 BB

1.Why did hero limp preflop?
2. If for example (hypothetically) BB would went AI on preflop what would be hero game plan then?
3. As played: What hand you put villain that will beat hero on river?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands