Should Poker be an Olympic Sport?

C

CapdeCraniu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since Chess is an Olympic sport, I think it's a matter of time for Poker to become one too.

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since Chess is an Olympic sport, I think it's a matter of time for Poker to become one too.

I agree, while those who say that there is no proper dynamics in poker have absolutely no complaints about the dynamics of chess:D

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no sitting down is not a sport

S

SerValeMart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such types as chess, checkers, poker and other intellectual games will not be made Olympic. The mass spectacle must be very mobile. My opinion.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
not good for kids, so im not agreeing to it

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think poker should be an Olympic sport, I think Olympic sports are more geared towards physical activities, which is not the case with poker.

michel valente

michel valente

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Surely

Peker in addition to logical reasoning, we count on luck to beat our opponents:jd4:

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree or not, poker IS a gambling game.
Did you even saw proper poker tournament where it was more about trophy then about the money?
Also the level of randomness is just too high (its good for poker, but bad for poker as a sport).
Plus olympics are not for games with no body fitness involved. What about chess etc.?

So answer is absolutely no.
I even thing its stupid to put e-sports into olympics, but there maybe money will prevail and get it there.

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
If poker texas holdem was an Olympic sport I too would be an Olympian and Baron Pierre de Coubertin would turn in his grave.
It’s important to participate, it’s not important to win.

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Given where this world is going, nothing is impossible except that nothing happens by accident.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this case, first you need to change the status of the poker. It should not be related to gambling.
There will also be a problem with the age limit.
In general, the same problems if striptease is included in the Olympics program.:)

001Jaguar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is not a sport to be in the Olympic it won’t be so interesting with sport I guess

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done some research on this subject. Listen up! The Global Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF) announced on October 2 2020 that a certain poker format called "match poker" has gained recognition as a sport and is eligible to become an official Olympic discipline soon.Along with match poker, six other disciplines ( dodgeball, foosball (table football), arm wrestling, foot golf and kettlebell lifting and another one I cant remember now) were admitted to the race for official Olympic status. So it may happen ! I myself am excited for this !

J

joschua_zimmer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker olympic

Nah i dont think so.
Poker will always have a gamble factor which through it will never be an olympic sport.
But of course it would be entertainment.

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not against events or world or European championships, but in the Olympiad I think it's unlikely that poker will be appropriate. It's like chess, here thoughts are needed, not physical strength.

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
No poker is about money so is not a sport. But is a great competition .

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In my opinion, yes.
I think that poker is a sport and in the future it will be recognized as an Olympic sport.
Good luck.

W

wvielmo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Luck exists in all sports, but in poker it has a great influence and taking that into account I believe the answer is no.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, poker cannot be in the category of Olympic sports. Only athletes, athletes who train for a long time and practice only their own sport compete in the Olympic sport. Poker tournaments are attended not only by professional players, but also by amateurs and businessmen.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
sports is suppose to be physical so unless fights start at every game I say NO.

EDSON 138

EDSON 138

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker as on olympic sports is going to be one of the bets sports in the games because it is exciting apart from that sometimes a player looks like he has already lost but then he starts coming good cards he recovers and still wins the tournament.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it could become an olympic sport, several sports entered the olympics this year, and it would be interesting for poker to enter soon.